Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three years have gone so fast, its almost time to wave goodbye to the Leaf 30 and fand a replacement. Trouble is my wife is post op so my budget is tight. Looking for 10 to15000 miles per year on a PCP or lease. Minimum of 30Kwh otherwise we're not fussy what it is as it's mostly a work hack.
Has anyone got any leads on a good deal or suggestions as to what to go for. Our old PCP was £272 ish per month. Paying less would be nice but improbable and looking for a low deposit. I'm desperately resisting going back to an ice.

·
Registered
410 Posts
£271.35 per month will get you a Reanult Zoe 135i GT Line (50kWh) 10,000 MPA, on a 1+23 PCH. No upfront payment other than the first months £271.35, and a £49.00 admin fee.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Cheapest is probably the VW Group up! trio, IONIQ and eGolf appear to be similar to Zoe money.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,683 Posts
Three years have gone so fast, its almost time to wave goodbye to the Leaf 30 and fand a replacement. Trouble is my wife is post op so my budget is tight. Looking for 10 to15000 miles per year on a PCP or lease. Minimum of 30Kwh otherwise we're not fussy what it is as it's mostly a work hack.
Has anyone got any leads on a good deal or suggestions as to what to go for. Our old PCP was £272 ish per month. Paying less would be nice but improbable and looking for a low deposit. I'm desperately resisting going back to an ice.
It seems that unless you are thinking of buying at end of PCP a lease deal is better, as EVJOURNEY has suggested Zoe's are cheapest deals right now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is keeping the car not an option?
I don't want to keep it, Its had battery management issues and I just don't trust it. But I never actually thought I would keep it anyway. EV's are evolving fast and I would rather keep rolling the dice for now.

£271.35 per month will get you a Reanult Zoe 135i GT Line (50kWh) 10,000 MPA, on a 1+23 PCH. No upfront payment other than the first months £271.35, and a £49.00 admin fee.
Do tell me more, have you a link I'm very interested? :p

Cheapest is probably the VW Group up! trio, IONIQ and eGolf appear to be similar to Zoe money.
I would consider all.

It seems that unless you are thinking of buying at end of PCP a lease deal is better, as EVJOURNEY has suggested Zoe's are cheapest deals right now.
I think your right from what I've seen so far.

If I had the choice I wold go for the Leaf, but the local BSM dealership hasn't impressed me and the price is a bit high. The Kia looks good but out of reach.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Do tell me more, have you a link I'm very interested? :p
That specific example with with ElectricAuto, however given the impending end to your current deal then I'd be contacting BSM (Bristol Street Motors) who have been very aggressive with PCH pricing and have stock of ZE50 cars. They are advertising prices close to what I quoted above, and a colleague of mine has just had a quote back for his wife which actually beat it, and that was based on the same car (in blue however not white) with an amortised price of £262 per month, I believe he just prompted them to better the price, also there is no admin fee to pay.

It isn't the best price they have been, but it is pretty good, and you aren't tied in to huge PCP finance agreement with some ludicrous APR, and you are not paying anything upfront, it is as many people say, long term rental.

EDIT: Just had a quick sniff at the PCP deals for the same spec car, and they want £248.56 pcm, with £5,600 deposit :ROFLMAO: and 4.9% APR, making a total of £18,577 over 3 years, or amortised £516 per month! The deposit alone is almost the total cost of the car on the PCH deal, and even adding another 12 months make it only £9.7k of 50% less than a PCP of the same term, utter madness.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That opens up my options. If I can rustle up 3 months worth of deposit I can increase the annual mileage. That would eliminate our dependency on our old diesel Kia for trips between Thrapston and Derby to visit the folks or anywhere else. But would I regret not having the rapid charger option for longer trips? :unsure:
Also am going to miss any leg room or equipment with a Zoe that I had in the Leaf Acenta?

·
Registered
410 Posts
If I can rustle up 3 months worth of deposit I can increase the annual mileage.
Probably not worth bothering, get a quote for the cost per mile. Just paying the excess at the end will usually work out the same or cheaper. e.g at 8ppm it would be £400 per 5,000 miles used, so £800 (£33.33 per month extra) for the extra 10k over the two years. If you only covered 27k you don't get any money back for not using them. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,059 Posts
That opens up my options. If I can rustle up 3 months worth of deposit I can increase the annual mileage. That would eliminate our dependency on our old diesel Kia for trips between Thrapston and Derby to visit the folks or anywhere else. But would I regret not having the rapid charger option for longer trips? :unsure:
Also am going to miss any leg room or equipment with a Zoe that I had in the Leaf Acenta?
  • The Zoe is a lot smaller in back than Leaf.
  • If you had heated seats and steering wheel and want again, you need the Zoe Winter Pack.

Reactions: dk6780

·
Registered
410 Posts
Monthly payment with £1600 deposit over 3 years.
That's a decent deal (PCH? Mileage?) only £311 per month amortised, assuming no admin fee. Best I could find last week was a shade over £11,750 over 3-years which was ~£327 per month and that was only 5k miles.

Let me know who it was through as I have a friend who is looking for the SUV/Crossover type vehicle and that is just at the right price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mines 5000 miles too with 10ppm excess that I will pay at the end. That was through local kia dealer (wessex) I grabbed it about 4 weeks ago now, prices do seem to have gone up a little now but I've stopped looking incase they come down.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks. Yes it seems the prices are creeping up since the end of June. Worry not I doubt the prices are going to drop with demand going up for BEV's every month!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts