Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Engie have just started installing 88 Rapid chargers in West Yorkshire and are free to use until October 2021.

All chargepoints have rapid 50kW DC connectors, as well as fast 22kW AC Socket connectors.*
* ( Own cable needed for the Type 2 AC 22kw socket )

First ones fully operational are in

Shipley :
Saville Car Park, Shipley
Crowgill Road, Shipley, Bradford, West Yorkshire,
BD183SX

Bradford:
Vicar Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire,
BD1 5AH

Halifax:
North Bridge, North Bridge, Halifax, West Yorkshire,
HX3 5WP

466162.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
Used the Shipley one, nice and easy, and car park free after 6pm. One spaced reserved for taxis.
Only saw chargeable from end Oct, didn't notice the year (thought this year)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
New Engie *Free Charger installed ( *until Oct 2021 )
Annie Street Car Park, Morley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS27 8QH

All chargepoints have rapid 50kW DC connectors, as well as fast 22kW AC Socket connectors.*
* ( Own cable needed for the Type 2 AC 22kw socket )

screenshot-engie.geniecpms.com-2019.09.11-22_57_14.png
That's 4 out of 88 Installed so far

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
New Engie *Free Charger installed ( *until Oct 2021 )
Pudsey Leisure Centre
Market Place, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 7BE

Now 5 out of 88 Installed

Five fully operational are in
Shipley :
Saville Car Park, Shipley
Crowgill Road, Shipley, Bradford, West Yorkshire,
BD183SX

Bradford:
Vicar Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire,
BD1 5AH

Halifax:
North Bridge, North Bridge, Halifax, West Yorkshire,
HX3 5WP

Morley:
Annie Street Car Park, Morley, Leeds, West Yorkshire
LS27 8QH

Pudsey
Pudsey Leisure Centre
Market Place, Pudsey, West Yorkshire,
LS28 7BE

·
Registered
153 Posts
There all socketed 22kw AC , So a Type 2 cable needed.

Engie now own GeniePoint so the charger's are similar in colour.
Interesting how they are going out of their way to pretend it's an entirely different charging network to the existing GeniePoint network (to the extent that the geniepoint locations don't show on the Engie map, and the Engie locations don't show on the Geniepoint map, and you seem to need YET ANOTHER CHARGING NETWORK ACCOUNT), yet it's clearly using the GeniePoint backend, preferred hardware and much the same branding.

Still appears to be pre-pay, so that's yet another pre-pay account needed!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I'm guessing these are using the grant that Bradford et al were on about last year to install loads of rapids in the locality to promote EV's?

I give it a month after each one is installed before the taxi descend upon them with queues....

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Anyone else noticed they dont show on zapmap yet either :( another network in the mix. Bloomin eejits! would save registering for the two diff networks.. guess they had to do it so that when it starts charging they authority get the revenue straight back to them. Especially if they are only paying for a support contract and not just allowing Geniepoint to install there and cream the money back to themselves

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Engie Charger's Can be seen on Zap Map and plugshare , Just make sure on zapmap Engie is on the list of network's highlighted
if not your app might need to be updated.
Plus zapmap has maked the Engie charger at shipley as a Geniepoint Charger :confused:
. screenshot-www.plugshare.com-2019.09.20-21_10_52.png screenshot-www.zap-map.com-2019.09.20-21_08_38.png screenshot-www.zap-map.com-2019.09.20-21_14_08.png

I have a Geniepoint card so when i was at the charger i rang Engie to link both accounts to my geniepoint
card.
The payment system is to stop people over staying after 1 hour and 15 mins & as long as it less than that ,then no payment
is taken.

I think when the 2 year free free period ends the engie chargers will be rebranded to Geniepoint
as Engie now owns Geniepoint.( Geniepoint is becoming more well known in a lot of morrisons car parks and
this year there a lot around south wales too which are also go under the Dragon Charging name in south wales )

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first of 88 new rapid electric vehicle (EV) charging points in West Yorkshire has been switched on in Bradford.
It is located in Vicar Lane and is part of a £3.2 million scheme to help improve the county’s air quality.
Each of the new sites, which will be added every week, will have two bays and are free to use until the end of October 2021.
One of the charging points – which will typically take under an hour to provide a full charge – will be exclusively for taxis and private hire vehicles and the second for all other users.
The scheme is a collaboration between West Yorkshire Combined Authority and its partner local authorities – Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds and Wakefield Councils.

They are investing £1.2 million in the scheme and won £2 million from the government’s Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
Cllr Manisha Kaushik, Deputy Chair of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority Transport Committee said: “Around 500 diesel taxis and private hire cars are forecast to be converted to hybrid and pure electric vehicles as a result of us rolling out these charge points.
“Plus, the increased availability of rapid charge point locations will help counter ‘range anxiety’, which is currently discouraging people from switching to electric vehicles.
“Just recently West Yorkshire Combined Authority and the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership launched the Leeds City Region Climate Coalition as part of our commitment to tackle the global climate emergency. This scheme is an important step towards achieving our aims.”
French utility ENGIE has been appointed to install and operate the new charging points, which will provide 100% renewable power.
screenshot-ev.engie.co.uk-2019.09.20-21_43_50.png

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Wonder how they do the Seperate Taxi/Public units. is it marked on the spaces or does it prevent certain users using a certain unit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like a new charger has popped up in Bingley today.

Wellington Road, Bingley
Wellington Street, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD162NA

Latitude 53.848059Longitude -1.836896

Meanwhile - I've spotted a unit has been installed in Hebden Bridge - not stickered up or commissioned yet, but it didn't take them long from digging up the ground, to having the unit in place.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New Engie Rapid Charger
Number 7 / 88 now on plugshare

Boston Spa High Street
High street Car Park,
Boston Spa
Wetherby,
West Yorkshire
LS23 6BW

screenshot-engie.geniecpms.com-2019.10.11-23_35_24.png

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Has anyone dug up a list of upcoming locations for these?
I'd welcome steeton or silsden getting one.
I have not seen any list but looks like most of the charger's will be in
Council owned public Car Parks, leisure centre & library car parks

·
Registered
383 Posts
Had to go oop north today, so currently giving the Shipley one a test. 44Kw at 44% on my Kona, not bad for 70p once I found the right car park.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I note that it's a singleton charger, CCS or chademo +AC.
2 clearly marked bays, one reserved for taxis, the unit claims to be able to support AC and one DC at the same time but not both bays on dc, which is I guess fairy usual, but once again a single stand alone charger ?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts