Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
I think my son, Pro-Ampera, has discovered a fix for the orange engine light problem. It certainly has worked on my car for about 10 days now.

Those of you with the orange light problem, do you also have a sticking charge door? Mine sticks and I have not had the opportunity to have it fixed with a silicon spray application yet. It would appear that The orange light and sticking charge door are related.

Here is the fix until the sticking charge door is corrected.
When about to charge the car do not use the charge door release button in the drivers door, instead, stand by the charge door, press the release button in the fob and immediately pull the charge door open. Proceed to charge as normal.

Give it a try.

· Registered
165 Posts
Well, the light had gone off this morning. Looks like the second mini charge may have cancelled it.

Funnily enough, when the car's charger did actually fail I never saw this.
A belated Happy Christmas to all.

This sounds exactly like the problem I had which was fixed as described earlier in this thread. I have not had the problem since and continue to use the fob for opening the charge door. My charge has not yet been fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.