Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can find out how many pure electric miles you have done, and how many were assisted with the Engine? TIA (18 reg 7.5)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Only way I know of that you can estimate this is that VCDS stores the number of charge port cycles.
If you assume ~25 miles range per charge you can estimate the miles that the battery has provided, take that away from the total mileage and you have a rough estimate of engine mileage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank Tom, going to have a look into that. Just been back in for my 93F7 recall, and the dealer said there is no way of seeing how many miles the engine has done. Shame, all that tech and it cant do that..... thinking of going full Electric. Thanks again Nicole

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,768 Posts
Thank Tom, going to have a look into that. Just been back in for my 93F7 recall, and the dealer said there is no way of seeing how many miles the engine has done. Shame, all that tech and it cant do that..... thinking of going full Electric. Thanks again Nicole
How long did the recall take?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
They appear to have the majority of the HV battery checks down to as little as about 4 - 6 hours now.
But they usually book the car in for two days as give themselves some wiggle room.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same question. I don't know how to find how much mileage do I have on electric and how much on regular engine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Keep a note of your petrol usage and mpg or litres/100km

My Example at last fill (3000 miles ago!)
23818 miles, 818.68 litres / 180 gallons used.
Assume (UK) 55mpg = 9900 miles so around 13918 on electricity. If you can find a better mpg figure use that instead.

Since I have one fill coming up it will now read :
26900 miles, 855 litres / 188 gallons
Assume (UK) 55mpg = 10340 miles so around 16560 miles on electricity. This calculation confirms the one above is close enough as I have actually done 3000 miles on one tank.

Does that make sense?
Have to admit I have kept these records for all my cars way back to my first one in the 70's. I was so poor then. And now I'm just sad. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts