Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

eNiro "Limited Power" error

29K views 109 replies 24 participants last post by  MerrickH 
#1 ·
Hello All, first post here.

We randomly get this error message and a loss of power to the drive train, no other error lights on the dash. The battery was showing over 200 miles range and the outside temperature has been between 10 and 25 degrees C. The last time it happened we rolled to a standstill had to restart the car in order get underway again. Our dealer can't replicate the fault and has lost the error message in the car's history. Has anybody else had this happen? We don't think it's safe to drive the car but we aren't getting much help from Kia customer services.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

#97 ·
Here an update my car been on the dealership since Thursday 7th after having for 2 weeks an couple days and after seen the power limited error and check electrical system error they reach out to techline and they have swapped some sort harness and I been told my car ready to pickup I'll be doing that tomorrow 25th and giving it a nice long test drive although I very much this hope the issue is solved I have my doubts I know they put 20 miles on car testing it and issue has not present it again... But car was sitting on there lot for days probably gave BMS time to balance out the cells issue may be masking it self till rinse and repeat charge of battery.
I will be posting there diagnostics/invoice when pick it up tomorrow
Car Speedometer Automotive design Vehicle Steering part
Car Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Steering part
Speedometer Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gauge

#99 ·
Which harness? low voltage between cells and BMS (inside the pack?)? High voltage between pack and inverter, or inverter and motor? canbus between BMS and body/engine control?

#101 · (Edited)
Ok pick it up running ok but had no chance of actually testing it yet this will be done tomorrow or Wednesday I have a 130 miles drive need to do and 80 Daily round trip for work the rest of week
Looks like they just clean up the connectors and looks like they found same error that they found in earlier thread

0.00 LABOR:

0.00 OTHER: 0.00 TOTAL LINE C: 20495 verify warning lights on dash. scan for codes. p1b9600 High voltage cell deviation.. scan data and found cell voltage jumping up and down. Drop high voltage battery out of car clean connections to BMS module. Rechecked data and now voltage stable. Roadtest. Now ok. 37511R00High Voltage Battery Cell Monitoring Unit, R&R3.70".....
It maybe hidden by cell balancing that was done by car sitting there for couple of days but hope this actually fixes it as don't want to be stuck with issues untill they actually replace the main pack

Black Font Material property Tire Automotive tire

When rep called to pickup the car he told me they replaced a harness...

Did they replace a module? According to invoice it mentions 37511R00 part # the person that I dealt with wasn't there and the other 2 we're clueless so I was told he'll give me a call back tomorrow to explain what's been changed or fixed ... But it's not going to help honestly the my rep just talks big words no real info lol. When posible always ask for tech but he also wasn't available.

Update #3 on way to vet appointment for family dog couple flashes power limited mode going down highway and then when I enter parking lot check electrical system and power limited mode and car had no power pump pedal nothing ... Called dealership car going back tomorrow morning ... Guess they now will do the battery swap as following there repair scrip/steps is not cutting it.... Didn't even last a day
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Tried to get kia affairs involved got this email
Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Software

Going to try to call maybe get different response Damm kia

#102 ·
got my car back today after a week maybe 2 .........Another update on my end they finally did what looks to be warranty replacement of some parts BMS etc let see what happens as one again they had car sitting there for 2 weeks allowing cells to balance each other and hide bad cell. Honestly hope it fixes it...
Tire Font Tread Automotive tire Material property

#105 ·
Is there any update on this ? I have a 2022 Kia Eniro 3 and started receiving the same warning. Car went in to the dealership in may but they could not find anything wrong and could not replicate the fault ! After this occurring many more times I finally got another appointment for 2 days ago only to get a call yesterday saying to pick it up and they couldn’t replicate the fault. I told them in no uncertain way that I would not be collecting this car until the fault is fixed. Does anyone know how long and how many opportunities I need to give them to fix. It’s a lease car and so now not only am I paying for a car I can’t use but my company is also paying for the courtesy car !

#107 ·
I wonder why nobody on that page mentions the wiring harness. I've ready several cases of this power loss failure and IIRC that were due to a fault in the wiring. Replacing a part of the harness would fix it. The guy that did the OBD scan andfound a sudden drop in voltage is likely to have this too.

Dealers are just too bloody inexperienced in these cars, almost 5 years after they started selling them. Makes you wonder how the Kia organization handles training and knowledge distribution.

#108 ·
I find it hard to believe it is a harness issue. It affects only cell # 58 and so that connection is within the battery pack and bms. No external cable will correct this. I believe it still could be a software issue thats triggered at a certain SOC and temp. But I am not 100% sure. So one on another post has the same issue and the same cell 58 voltage drop just like me. He recoreded it via ODB as well. That to me is so incredibally wierd that the same cell on two different cars can trigger this issue. It's almost impossible it is hardware, more software with the BMS.

#109 ·
I'm having the same problem or one similar. It happens at random intervals and and lasts between 10 and 30 seconds. Mine is a 2020 Kia Niro EV EX Premium, bought "Certified Pre-owned" which apparently means nothing of substance. It currently has 42k miles. I have replaced the 12v battery with no improvement. City Kia of Greater Orlando refuses to give me a loaner vehicle despite the safety concerns, and refuses to put that in writing, because they lack the spine to stand by their reckless decisions. I have a case open with Kia Corporate, but they deferred to the dealership and said to give them 7 days to reply.

#110 ·
It happened again yesterday, March 12th. This time I was almost to the interstate and it left me stationary on the road. After it came back and let me drive again I drove it straight to the nearest dealership which was only 10 miles away. Fast forward 24 hours and they want me to take it back saying again for the third or fourth time that they can't replicate the issue so it's obviously not a safety concern.

This car is going to kill me and Kias is going to cut a check about it.