Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen & parked next to my first e-Niro in the wild today after a years ownership up in Orkney. Noticed some nasty damage to the drivers side that i somehow don't think will just buff out. Anyone in the Group up in Orkney for a holiday? Hope they didn't get up close & personal with our new street bollards in Kirkwall as others have done! I would guess it has been side swiped by another car.
Went on my first long drive south last week, primarily to get my car serviced at dealer in Inverness, but also stayed a couple of nights in Ullapool and Lochinver on the west coast on the way back up. No issues flagged up at service, got the rubber housing fitted to the granny charger and also the maps updated for £25 (now £40). Liking the new look to satnav. Well impressed with the cars performance & handling, especially on the tight twisty roads on the west coast. Managed to get 5m/kwh one day for the first time ever, usually on Orkney i would be delighted just getting over 4m/kwh. I think it was due in part to the high temps 22 deg+ and also the reduced speeds, probably averaged 45mph on most roads. Charged just the once over the 300 odd miles travelled. Minor issue with charger (evolt) very difficult to read the display with the sun shining on it. Overall would say car is well suited to the roads of west Scotland in the summer, just need the charger manufacturers to up their game with regards supply, design & maintenance as a few chargers are and have been out of operation on the west coast for a while thus some pre-planning required.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts