Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm looking to get an eNiro later in the year, but I've come across a few worrying rumours (on the Facebook page) about the paint quality not being great. As I would be buying outright, I want the car to last at the very least until it's warranty expires - and hopefully well beyond that.
So -
1) As a nero owner, are you happy with the paint quality & durability ?
2) Have you had any issues ?
3) Is the paint covered by the seven year warranty ?

I hope the answers to 1 & 3 are both 'yes' because I've almost certainly decided that the eNiro will be my next car...

·
Registered
Kia E-Niro 2021 4+
291 Posts
We’ve had ours 3 or 4 months (black) but I’m not sure what I’d look for to see if paint quality was any good or not. It’s not something that would stop me buying an otherwise superb car.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Got a Soul, paint seems perfect to me but only had a year..... better than some "quality" cars - no stone chips yet

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,571 Posts
Almost every car will get complaints about “thin” paint. So far I’ve no reason to be concerned. The car is starting to get a few little scratches from people rubbing against it in car parks. All sadly inevitable.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
445 Posts
I think the paint is OK, it seems a tad soft after the very hard paint of my Mercedes, but seems to be holding up pretty well it's a year old now. The car itself is brilliant and I'm well pleased I made the decision to purchase it against other options I was considering

·
Registered
F30 330e Sport
88 Posts
To be fair I think most paints are softer compared to German marques. My last Audi and BMWs could take serious punishment from a DA polisher when detailing. The paint on my wife's Nissan X Trail doesn't need as much work even with lighter cutting pads. 'Orange Peel' though has been an issue especially on the darker cars I've had but I've learned to live with that, much less noticeable on the current Mediterranean Blue...

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,067 Posts
Just after I got mine last September, I treated it to a coat of Autoglym Ceramic Coating. Easy to apply and seems to work well. Nearly all my washing has been with just plain water and a hose pipe. Only shampoo'd it twice iirc. I gave it another coat about 3 weeks ago, though it didn’t really seem to need it. The Autoglym kit is superb and there is enough to do the car at least 3 times, maybe 4.

I think that real detailing enthusiasts will likely not rate it as being “proper” Ceramic Coating, but I’ve always loved Autoglym products as they all just seem to do what it says on the tin. Seems good stuff to me anyway.

This (Gravity Blue AKA Black!) Eniro is the muckiest car I’ve ever owned. Especially it’s ass end which is always covered in crap! It’s mucky within an hour of being washed, without fail 😕 .

I did get a few finger nail scratches around the finger hole for the tailgate, days after getting the car. That was before I learned how to close it properly using the inside finger slot. Anyway they polished out very easily with Autoglym paint restorer. No problems since applying the Ceramic stuff and being more careful.

PS. This morning I just got my first EV Vehicle tax reminder.
It’s incredibly satisfying to see.....“12 Months NIL” :)
I wonder how long it will be before they start charging road tax on new registered EVs? Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts