Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experienced radio dropouts on their eNiro?

I have found that even driving round the city that the radio reception drops out for a few seconds and it seems at random. Very annoying if listening to a news item and you miss the critical bit.

I don't if it's happening because of switch between FM and DAB or some other reason. Never had this on any other car in the same locations.

There seem to be very few options to set up the radio - or am I missing something?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Anyone experienced radio dropouts on their eNiro?

I have found that even driving round the city that the radio reception drops out for a few seconds and it seems at random. Very annoying if listening to a news item and you miss the critical bit.

I don't if it's happening because of switch between FM and DAB or some other reason. Never had this on any other car in the same locations.

There seem to be very few options to set up the radio - or am I missing something?
Welcome to DAB reception!

John.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
You want to try driving an i3, absolutely appalling in South Wales with hills and valleys to drive in. The Niro suffers far less around where I live in comparison though but inevitably gives up once heading off into the wilds. I'm wondering if the Niro has a better or even powered antenna cos I could never see any evidence that BMW one was.

Ofcom maps may give an indication of any local issues or not-spots.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,097 Posts
DAB can be flaky.

I'd try a retune to see whether it picks slightly different frequencies and is more reliable.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mine is going in for diagnostics tomorrow for this problem. Worked fine until recently

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAB can be flaky.

I'd try a retune to see whether it picks slightly different frequencies and is more reliable.
I'll try that. There doesn't seem to be an option to force FM or auto re-tune to strongest signal on FM as on most FM radios. I had taken to using 'TuneIn Radio' on Android Auto but now BBC stations aren't available there. BBC Sounds is a bit of a fiddle to find local stations.
Mine is going in for diagnostics tomorrow for this problem. Worked fine until recently
I look forward to hearing the outcome

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Have you got any 12v accessories being powered from the 12v socket?

My DAB is flakier when I’ve got my dash-cam plugged in, which is most of the time.

Some accessories are poorly shielded.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Have you got any 12v accessories being powered from the 12v socket?

My DAB is flakier when I’ve got my dash-cam plugged in, which is most of the time.

Some accessories are poorly shielded.
Thats a good point - indeed, in a city situation with many nearby vehicles, its possible that the unwanted emissions (RFI) ftom dash cams etc in those other vehicles could be causing DAB reception issues in ones own car...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I look forward to hearing the outcome
I was having the same problems of fading to nothing, then a few minutes later it would come back on for a few minutes, then fade out completely again. I couldn't even receive some stations.
They diagnosed a fault with the antenna and have ordered a new part from Kia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts