Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

eNiro Radio Dropouts

7K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Timbob_Wilts 
#1 ·
Anyone experienced radio dropouts on their eNiro?

I have found that even driving round the city that the radio reception drops out for a few seconds and it seems at random. Very annoying if listening to a news item and you miss the critical bit.

I don't if it's happening because of switch between FM and DAB or some other reason. Never had this on any other car in the same locations.

There seem to be very few options to set up the radio - or am I missing something?

#4 ·
You want to try driving an i3, absolutely appalling in South Wales with hills and valleys to drive in. The Niro suffers far less around where I live in comparison though but inevitably gives up once heading off into the wilds. I'm wondering if the Niro has a better or even powered antenna cos I could never see any evidence that BMW one was.

Ofcom maps may give an indication of any local issues or not-spots.

#7 ·
I'll try that. There doesn't seem to be an option to force FM or auto re-tune to strongest signal on FM as on most FM radios. I had taken to using 'TuneIn Radio' on Android Auto but now BBC stations aren't available there. BBC Sounds is a bit of a fiddle to find local stations.
Mine is going in for diagnostics tomorrow for this problem. Worked fine until recently
I look forward to hearing the outcome

#11 ·
Same problem. No accessories connected and it happened annoyingly often in the country, so not many other cars around. But there were many hills around! Actually dangerous as I switched my attention to the radio rather than driving, so I switched the radio off. I suspect the antenna, since it works OK sitting on the drive. But I agree that DAB as implemented here and run by market led bureaucrats rather than engineers is a poor technology - another tragedy of the commons. As a workaround I've tuned my favourites as far as possible to FM radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.