Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Technically this is second impressions but I forgot about the first test drive I did last year and needed to refresh my mind what it was like.

Baring in mind I am test driving this in Scotlands Highlands, and in the driving rain.

In short, the 40kwh ENV-200 is no better (in performace) than a 24kwh 2015 Leaf, in one important case, worse.
Its worse, because you cannot rapid charge it more than three times in a row before it slows down the charging rate to a trickle.

I drove from Aberdeen to Glasgow to Inverness. I set off from Aberdeen at 9.40am and Arrived back in Inverness at 1040pm.
Total mileage was 328.7
I had to charge 6 times.
I was driving in ECO B mode at 55mph or less. I could barely get 105miles from picking up the Van. The subsequent stops had me down to 70miles then 50 per stop
There was no heat turned on and the fan was on slow in a vague attempt to keep the windscreen from fogging.
The speedo is still a guessometer with it being 4 miles under what you are actually doing.

The rear camera is useless as it needs wiping everything you stop and need to reverse around something. The controls are seemingly further away than when I had my Leaf. The seats are hard as Hendersons. The ride is way more top heavy than I remember.
The carrying space in the back is useful though but not double bed sized useful, more 2 seater sofa useful with headroom.

My verdict.
Not buying. In fact I would be better served to buy a secondhand one and and change and upgrade the battery pack to an 80kwh one.
A van needs to have active cooling for the batteries, it needs to be able to do 250miles in one sitting, proper miles not the lie miles they claim it can do.

I am waiting for the Vauxhall Vivaro-E

Sorry Nissan, I loved you once.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm sure we can do "Total mileage was 328.7 I had to charge 6 times." in the 24kWh ENV... Sums up how much of a 'close but no cigar' kind of vehicle the ENV is. Everything about it could be improved with only a relatively small amount of effort. Considering the price of the vehicle new. I love mine but that's not the point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts