Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been test driving env200 acenta few months ago and when I was switching to reverse gear, the instrument screen on the right was changing into rear view camera screen.
I bought one this weekend, env200 acenta rapid plus, there is rear view camera in the back, but when switching to reverse the screen doesn't work as rear view camera monitor.
Tried to Google with 0 results. The manual doesn't say anything about it except 'where fitted'. Fitted what? Rear view camera or the rear view camera screen?
Anyone had similar problem on their env200 or leaf?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,141 Posts
That looks like the black and white display fitted in the dash, which is the one they use when there's a Nav unit in the dash to display the camera feed instead.
The colour screen they use in the dash with the camera feed has different graphics (notice the blue lines instead of white).
IMAG2044.jpg IMAG2045.jpg

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just with 2 pics you explained more than Nissan within few pages in env200 manual. Am I able to fit telematics if it's not in? Like from salvaged car?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd get it sorted under warranty because according to the specs it is standard.

My Acenta rapid (2014) has it fitted but currently I'm waiting to hear back from them about the microphone for the Bluetooth system which is missing from my van!

It seems that some things occasionally don't get fitted which should be!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found an article from 2014 where it was saying that it will be standard from 2014. Mine made in June

I'll go back to them on Wednesday

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently not. But it's visible from the pictures that I have different kind of screen.
Technically it should be same connectors for both screens, so it should be easy to change and fast of course.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've found an article from 2014 where it was saying that it will be standard from 2014. Mine made in June

I'll go back to them on Wednesday
Mine was registered June 2014 so clearly built before yours.
I've got a copy of the 2014 brochure so I'll dig it out and post a picture of the relevant page later today.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the way now, will have a look when will stop for the first charge, I'll double check my paperwork

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update: vehicle in the shop already, technician thinks it's switched off from the menu...
Too tired to argue his thoughts...
I've been told to be updated within next few days

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After a year (better later than never) new rear view monitor been fitted in. What's the best? 0 miles on the clock as well :)

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Actually I have se
That looks like the black and white display fitted in the dash, which is the one they use when there's a Nav unit in the dash to display the camera feed instead.
The colour screen they use in the dash with the camera feed has different graphics (notice the blue lines instead of white).
View attachment 7243 View attachment 7244
n this side screen with battery colour blue I would love to ad this to my van I wonder if there is a plugin upgrade would be great to find out why there different on models??

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
If you acquire the screen and plug it in it will probably just work in colour. I find it weird that it's black and white on the top end version of the van. Seems cheap of them to do that.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just for the record. You cannot change just a screen, whole combi meter needs to be changed. But there is a loophole. Once you'll place a new one - your clock resets to 0 miles of total distance driven.
There is no any other device in the van which stores that information.
Keep it mind before running out of warranty

·
Registered
89 Posts
the reversing camera has inexplicably been placed to one side of the vehicle, and not even the correct side for RH drive. It gives a weird distorted view mainly when you are close to a straight object behind you. Tempted to move the camera or disconnect it and fit an aftermarket one in the middle , nearer the door gap

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
the rear view camera system is rubbish compared to the LEAF. Presumably the Tekna screen is an improvement as I can hardly see the screen behind the wheel and it is tiny.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts