Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had an update to say my Enyaq 60 Loft is in production, but I'm yet to receive an estimated delivery date.

Has anyone been given a date yet?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The timelines I was given are:
  • 4-5 days for build/QA inspection.
  • Transport to Emden (no time given, but should be a few days max)
  • 7-10 days waiting in Emden for a boat to the UK.
  • Transport on the boat (no time given, but should be ~1 day)
  • 7-10 days from receiving centre to dealership (on a car transporter I assume).

To be safe I think it's reasonable to assume ~4 weeks from the end of build, but could be a bit quicker or slower if things don't follow those timelines.

My dealer said my Week 20 Enyaq (w/c May 17th) should be at the dealership mid-late June.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you think if mine is in production now it could be ~5 weeks until delivery?

·
Registered
120 Posts
So you think if mine is in production now it could be ~5 weeks until delivery?
That would seem to make sense. Please do let us know if the timelines above hold true as you get more info. I’m trying not to get too attached to the tentative timeline, but it’s hard not to be a little impatient for such an exciting purchase.

·
Registered
Enyaq iV 80
39 Posts
I've just had an update to say my Enyaq 60 Loft is in production, but I'm yet to receive an estimated delivery date.

I got a similar update 3 weeks ago, and just had a repeat saying the same thing. It's probably hard to second guess how COVID and chip shortages will affect the time line (that's microchips not fish and chips). I don't expect delivery before the end of the summer, and think we just need to be patient... :)

·
Registered
Enyaq iV60
651 Posts
I got a similar update 3 weeks ago, and just had a repeat saying the same thing. It's probably hard to second guess how COVID and chip shortages will affect the time line (that's microchips not fish and chips). I don't expect delivery before the end of the summer, and think we just need to be patient... :)
Should we be chippier or chipper? :cool:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Have there been many deliveries so far? I love this car but haven't seen many around...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had one a few weeks back from my dealer saying it was "in production" then today I've had two. One from the dealer to say it's been given a buil week and one from Skoda themselves saying the car is now in production.

From the timelines GBT gave above I'm thinking maybe 4-5 weeks from now.

Both emails from the dealer were automated, when I've tried to contact them I've heard nothing back. Quite poor really.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had another email from the dealer:

The latest update from the factory is that your car is in transit from the factory to the UK port.

I am still, despite my best efforts not to, holding onto the hope I can get it on or before the 5th of June. We've got a family trip planned to a cottage on the north east coast in Northumberland. The extra space of the Enyaq over my current Zoe would make it a lot more comfortable trip.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am still, despite my best efforts not to, holding onto the hope I can get it on or before the 5th of June.
I also pestered my dealer for an update today, apparently mine is in QA at Emden. However my dealer also said that there is a registration block on UK Enyaqs until the 5th July, but they're hoping that it is lifted before then.

·
Registered
Enyaq iV 80
39 Posts
Just had another email from the dealer:
The latest update from the factory is that your car is in transit from the factory to the UK port.
I am still, despite my best efforts not to, holding onto the hope I can get it on or before the 5th of June. We've got a family trip planned to a cottage on the north east coast in Northumberland. The extra space of the Enyaq over my current Zoe would make it a lot more comfortable trip.
Same here - sounds like we're all in the same batch. The end of June / start of July sounds realistic.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Any idea which port Skoda uses? With Hyundai we used Eukor to find out and track the ship.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Any idea which port Skoda uses? With Hyundai we used Eukor to find out and track the ship.
Emden on the mainland, not totally sure about over here (Sheerness?)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another update today, this time:

The latest update from the factory is that your car is in planning to be shipped to the designated UK port.

No idea which port that is, or when it will be. But it's on its way.

·
Registered
Enyaq iV60
651 Posts
My wife and I touched and sat in a real live Enyaq this afternoon at Capitol Skoda Newport (we didn't drive it).
It was an iV 60 with 20" alloys in Quartz Grey Metallic (?), although the paint seemed to have some dark blue in it as well as the grey. The salesman didn't seem to know much about it, so any options on it were largely unknown.
He said that its lead time is 12 - 14 weeks.:eek:
It's not as large as I'd imagined (oo-er Matron), despite Robert Llewellyn's moanings..
It looks very nice, but it has less headroom than our Subaru Forester (which is fine).
Its interior looked very good, but I don't know which trim it sported (it had light grey fabric on the dashboard).
It had an electrically operated tailgate, no rear window blinds, no rear USBs , no apparent towbar, no indication of rapid-charging speed, no sunroof, and no electrically operated front seats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer said my car will arrive in the next few days but the registration block is related to a software update they're expecting in late June. It'll be sitting at the dealers until then!

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
82 Posts

They seem to be churning them out quite quickly: here in France, I was given an initial date of June but actually got my Enyaq iV 80 in mid-May. I think the VW/Skoda dealer was as surprised as I was. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts