Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ask the dealer for your SLI (8 digit number beginning with a 3). You can use this on Skoda UK live chat ( Contact Us | ŠKODA UK ) by clicking the message icon at the bottom. They will be able to give you a status of it.
So I did as you suggested and spoke to a real human being at Skoda UK today, having emailed the SLI and order numbers. The response was partly encouraging, "...your car has been allocated to build in Week 41..." (ie this week) but there is no real certainty that if that does happen it will be completed. My understanding is that there are many cars that are otherwise finished but sitting there waiting for chips. We will see but I am assuming I will be keeping my BMW for some time.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq Sportline 80 (soon...)
178 Posts
So I did as you suggested and spoke to a real human being at Skoda UK today, having emailed the SLI and order numbers. The response was partly encouraging, "...your car has been allocated to build in Week 41..." (ie this week) but there is no real certainty that if that does happen it will be completed. My understanding is that there are many cars that are otherwise finished but sitting there waiting for chips. We will see but I am assuming I will be keeping my BMW for some time.
Unfortunately it seems like Skoda's plan to keep producing part built cars and stacking them up in the airfield has bitten them in the butt and they've not decided as of next week (I think) to focus on finishing the part built cars and orders not already started will be slower to produce or not produced at all until the end of the year, when I assume they plan to have gotten through the backlog and back to semi-normal production.

Turns out our car is now 'Status 30 - In transit from factory' aka 'ITFF' aka on the way to Emden. Few more weeks and we should have her in the UK!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately it seems like Skoda's plan to keep producing part built cars and stacking them up in the airfield has bitten them in the butt and they've not decided as of next week (I think) to focus on finishing the part built cars and orders not already started will be slower to produce or not produced at all until the end of the year, when I assume they plan to have gotten through the backlog and back to semi-normal production.

Turns out our car is now 'Status 30 - In transit from factory' aka 'ITFF' aka on the way to Emden. Few more weeks and we should have her in the UK!
Well the lady at Skoda did say, "...give me a call next week...." so I will! I will have a feel soon as to whether it is this or next I think. I hope yours gets on the boat soon - do let me know - I might have to enjoy the excitement vicariously!

·
Registered
513 Posts
My car is also week 41.

See this.

Reply today from Audi UK.

"We are sorry, the order tracking system we use is not currently showing accurate vehicle status flags. This means the notifications being provided are incorrect and do not accurately show your vehicle status. We have technicians working on this as we speak and we hope to have the issue rectified at the earliest opportunity".

I'm not surprised given other forum members are getting delay messages.

Hopefully it's a technical glitch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had an update on my Enyaq. It is "confirmed build week" (status 20) but the dealer says they have had some cars stuck at that point for some time. More optimistically, they say that Enyaqs "seem to be moving still" and they have received 4 this month (all 60s) that were ordered in June/July. They say it takes 3 to 6 weeks from leaving the factory (status 30) to arriving on site so they are hoping for mine at end of November/early December. Fingers crossed still 🤞

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
mines also on the way to Emden, also suggesting mid november, they said it would have to wait until theres enough cars to actually fill a ship, so its quite possible they'll end up in the same load i guess.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ours has been at Emden since Oct 18th (ish). Doesn't appear to have been as many ships recently but there do seem to be a few more sailing now and one scheduled to be at Tyne on 30th Oct for those in the North.

Tyne details can be found here - Shipping Movements | Port of Tyne - look for those from Emden to RORO3. Be warned they do change, it was predicting one to come in around 27th Oct but that disappeared in the end!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ours has been at Emden since Oct 18th (ish). Doesn't appear to have been as many ships recently but there do seem to be a few more sailing now and one scheduled to be at Tyne on 30th Oct for those in the North.

Tyne details can be found here - Shipping Movements | Port of Tyne - look for those from Emden to RORO3. Be warned they do change, it was predicting one to come in around 27th Oct but that disappeared in the end!
A ship called the city of St Petersburg sailed from Emden last night and is due in Grimsby at 18:10hrs this evening and then sails to Newcastle and arrives at 10:10hrs tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it’s on that one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
A ship called the city of St Petersburg sailed from Emden last night and is due in Grimsby at 18:10hrs this evening and then sails to Newcastle and arrives at 10:10hrs tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it’s on that one.
Thanks for the info. Can I ask how you know its going to Tyne afterwards, no sign of it on the webpage? Currently showing as due on the 30th, which is more likely it will sail back to the continent then back out to Tyne on the 29th. Last one we saw going Grimsby to Tyne was actually collecting from Tyne and taking it back to the continent, not dropping more off at Tyne.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info. Can I ask how you know its going to Tyne afterwards, no sign of it on the webpage? Currently showing as due on the 30th, which is more likely it will sail back to the continent then back out to Tyne on the 29th. Last one we saw going Grimsby to Tyne was actually collecting from Tyne and taking it back to the continent, not dropping more off at Tyne.
Sorry, you’re right. It is down for the 30th. Apologies.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry, you’re right. It is down for the 30th. Apologies.
No worries. I thought I'd ask as quite often my dealer was giving me dates different to those listed on the Tyne site too! They never actually appeared on those dates, so clearly VWG has been doing a lot of juggling of ships recently. Some appear to have been scheduled then not actually sailed, I wonder if they didn't have enough cars for Tyne at the time. Hopefully this one will go!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I dont presume theres any way to know if the car is actually on that ship?
The system does eventually show what ship the car is on, but I think given how quick the ship gets over here, by the time the system updates with those details (or dealer gets a chance to check) its in the UK anyway and the system is already updated to say so!

61 - 80 of 102 Posts