Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving along the M60 yesterday morning, doing 65-70, when all of a sudden I get a loud beep and on the small screen in front of me was a yellow message saying something about one of the safety features was unavailable. Within 10 seconds I got two more similar beeps/messages about 2 different features, but with being on the motorway I didn't have time to take them in.

About 2 mins later I pull off the motorway and as I'm driving down the slip road the whole infotainment system goes black. My music goes off, the sat nav goes off etc. The small screen in front of me stayed on, but there were no directions from the sat nav.

When I next stopped at some traffic lights I held my finger on the power button Infront of the big screen and it came back on like I'd just turned the car on.

Anyone else had this or similar?

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,610 Posts
Once in a Zoe and once in a Corsa E. Infotainment just rebooted itself randomly the odd time. I've not had safety system warnings make the car reboot though. I've never had to do anything with them they've just instantly restarted. Leaf had a safety system warning in the sleet but that just went away in 5 minutes and it was fine after that.

I'd report it to the dealer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Only had mine a week so far so no issues yet, but looks like it happened on the Pistonheads test drive...
I’ve had a few different systems report as unavailable (Park distance sensors/rear cross traffic warning, ACC/Travel assist), but only ever at startup, I usually just ignore them and they work next time I start the car. Didn’t impact my infotainment.

The infotainment has a habit of locking up, except it’s not really locked up it’s just the touch screen stops working, so CarPlay still works and so on. My wife had a toasty trip home because she set the heating to 23°C but it locked up before she wanted to turn it down. When this happens it needs the 10-15s hold of the power button. This restarts the infotainment but the mini display stays active as in OP’s case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had mine lock stick twice in 5000 miles, holding the power button down for 10 seconds or so as you describe reboots the system. This can be done whilst driving but would be safer to do if you can pull over. Overall I probably reboot my iPhone more often than this and I am sure there will be an update at some point to fix it so I am not overly concerned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts