Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
hope this has not been posted before but this week I had an issue with my Zoe which stopped charging on my home EO charger. I had to fault find whether it was the car, cable or home charger at fault or even a combination.

It turns out that a power cut at my home (to test new electrics) had caused the EO charger to need to be reset.

This involved using a radiator key to unlock a small bolt on the side of the home charger to release a plastic thread. This is pulled and it pulls up a pin that drops down when the power is tripped and stops the cable plug being fully inserted and so stops any further charging. I was getting the Zoe "red nose" as a warning signal and the dashboards was saying to "check connections"

Once the pin was up I could put the thread back in and return the bolt using the radiator key and all was well.

Hope this helps anyone who owns a EO charger and experiences a sudden stoppage in charging. I have not been able to find details on this online. Having figured it out stopped me having to wander out to find a charging point nearby or to find the nearest Zoe certified Renault dealer near York.

EO themselves were very helpful on the phone.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Thanks for the heads up I’m just in the process of getting a quote fior an EO mini so if I go ahead will make a note of this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts