Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello (& happy new year)

Having seen some EO charging points about recently, does anyone, or '@EO Charging' know how much they charge? e.g. p/KWh, connection fee
Is it a different charge in different locations, if not then even more so, why can't i find this information anywhere easily? (user error :oops: )
Also, do they give any initial free charge period i.e. 15mins?
Thanks for any help

·
We design and manufacture EV smart chargers
66 Posts
Hello (& happy new year)

Having seen some EO charging points about recently, does anyone, or '@EO Charging' know how much they charge? e.g. p/KWh, connection fee
Is it a different charge in different locations, if not then even more so, why can't I find this information anywhere easily? (user error :oops: )
Also, do they give any initial free charge period i.e. 15mins?
Thanks for any help
Hi Mofo - thanks for getting in touch, happy New Year!

Please be aware that we don’t actually operate our own charging network - all public EO charge points are operated by third parties who are also responsible for setting the charging fees and any initial free charge period.

That said, can I kindly ask that you specify which chargers you’re referring to? We would be happy to help in finding out the pricing and charging rate for the chargers you’re looking at. If you’d like to find out where our public chargers are located across the UK, you can download the ‘EO app’ and you’ll be able to access live data-updates on our interactive map. Simply search ‘EO app’ within your appropriate app store.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to let us know directly here or at [email protected]. We would be happy to help.

Best,
Charlotte

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mofo - thanks for getting in touch, happy New Year!

Please be aware that we don’t actually operate our own charging network - all public EO charge points are operated by third parties who are also responsible for setting the charging fees and any initial free charge period.

That said, can I kindly ask that you specify which chargers you’re referring to? We would be happy to help in finding out the pricing and charging rate for the chargers you’re looking at. If you’d like to find out where our public chargers are located across the UK, you can download the ‘EO app’ and you’ll be able to access live data-updates on our interactive map. Simply search ‘EO app’ within your appropriate app store.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to let us know directly here or at [email protected]. We would be happy to help.

Best,
Charlotte
Charlotte

Thanks for responding, the ones I've recently seen go in are at Basildon festival leisure centre... pricing/charging rate would be great

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to Plugshare they are 35p per kWh plus 30p connection charge
I've not got Plugshare,& they're not showing on ZapMap, but if that's true, it's quite pricey...
I could see them barely being used, since I don't imagine that many people taking that location on a long journey & they're not rapid... :unsure: (those that can will charge at home)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I've used an EO socket in Anglesey. The worked ok from what I remember.
As has been said, pricing is pure pot luck.
IIRC the Anglesey one was rather expensive £1 per hour (for a 3.6kW LEAF) but it was useful to me at the time.

·
We design and manufacture EV smart chargers
66 Posts
Just sockets, so no more than 7kW...
A shame the @EO Charging haven't come back with the charges, it's not on the app that I can tell, which would be a useful addition to the app (hint hint)
Good morning Mofo,

The chargers you’re referring to are set at 7.2kW and the charging fee is indeed £0.35/kWh with a £0.30 connection charge. These tariffs have been carefully selected by Festival Leisure Park in Basildon who own and operate the chargers.

Please note that we’re reviewing our smart charging product range (including the ‘EO app’), meaning that we’ll be introducing a number of new app features over the coming months. That being said, we have taken your feedback on board and have flagged your suggestion to our Software and Development team. We’ll do our best to update you.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to drop us a note!

Best,
Charlotte

1 - 11 of 11 Posts