Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time around i fancied an EO Mini but it didnt work out and I got something else.
Now, new car new house i'm thinking of getting one. Does anyone have one? I know once in a while you can have incompatibilities between chargers and specific models.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I'm probably going to go untethered, I have a cable anyway (obviously?) and will likely only be charging once or twice a week plus with a cable that then takes up more space which is against the idea of the EO. It will likely also be inside the garage, another reason for going small.
I would not plan to use any of the smart charging features as thats on that car, is that how you use yours or si there an advantage to using that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I’m with you. I went untethered as I don’t feel that getting cable out of car once, possibly twice, is any hassle. Like you I feel that the compact nature of the EO is great and a wound up tethered cable would detract from this.

If I had a PHEV I might have gone tethered

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
A semi update, I'm getting the Wallbox Pulsar Plus 7.4Kw Tethered, which the smart reader will have realised is slightly against my original spec as (a) its not an EO mini and (b) its tethered !

There is method to my madness though, it doesn't seem to come as an untethered, or if it does, its the same price, but also since its tethered the cable comes out from the bottom and thus takes up less space since on a tethered the cable generally sticks out a way before dipping down. It also comes with a decent cable length, 5m, which means i should be able to charge in or out of the garage as long as the unit is installed middle of the garage (according to my measurements anyway. Hopefully i can find a neat way to coil the cable against the wall.
And its about the same size as the EO, and also seems to get good reviews so there you go.
I'll report back in about a week after its in.

Reactions: Todor

·
Registered
Soul 64 previously Golf GTE
35 Posts
A semi update, I'm getting the Wallbox Pulsar Plus 7.4Kw Tethered

Same here and mine turned up today, cannot believe how small this thing is probably 1/2 the size of my old chargemaster and love to know who makes the cabling as for a 7+kw charger it feels tiny more like 2.5mm core and is very flexible

Attachments

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its installed and running. So far so good 🤞..... really long cable makes it easy to charge car in or out of garage.
I'll report back ina few weeks once Ive moved over to Octopus Go (smart meters being installed end of the month) and see how the Kia works with timed charging on this, I've never used it before. I dont intend to use the charger as anything other than a dumb device eg not going to have two sets of timers running.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
p.s I wouldn't get this unit if it was installed outside, i see no need to have a bright light on all the time even if not charging.
As mine is in a garage I'm not bothered. I've had a quick look in the options on the app and there doesnt seem to be any way to switch the light off unless you physically power it off, there is a 'disable' option in the app which might do it I suppose but dont really want to risk that in case it doesn't undisable. But also, depending where you live, when charging it would be super bright perhaps drawing unwanted attention.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts