Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before but been searching and couldn't find anything. My girlfriend has a mini countryman phev 2019 model ( with the larger battery). we have an EO mini pro 2 and it never charges above 6amps / 1380 watts which means it's never charged in the 4 hrs overnight during our octopus night rate. our neighbour has a 2019 bmw 330e which our charger does charge at 16amps / 3600 ( ish) watts. the mini's in car settings mode under "current" we have high/ reduced/ low but it says cable mode 2 which i believe is the 3 pin cable supplied with the car??anyway, it is set to high just in case but makes no difference... does anyone have any bright ideas? EO are supposed to be coming out in the next 2 weeks but we've had on going issues for 18 months so not sure how successful they'll be, the car has been to two mini garages and they can make it charge at full speed. so bit at a loss..

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think you are right when you say Mode 2 cable is the granny charger, sensible to be able to reduce current there in case plug socket not up to drawing 10A continuously. I have mini cooper SE and that has settings for Mode 3 as well. I agree that your Mini should charge at 16A (6A is terribly slow!!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts