Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the installers come and check hopefully but here's the situation with my install, hoping there's something I've missed!

Had the EO Mini Pro 2 installed a few weeks back and had delivery of a Nissan Leaf a few days back. I left it plugged in overnight (seemed to work, leds were on) but there was no charge. I tried again and the leds came on the car (left one solid, middle one flashing on the car, shows there is about 50% charge), then it stops after about 30 seconds. The history on the EO app is attached which shows it's plugged in but no charge.

I've made sure all the schedules etc are off so either it's an installation issue or something i've missed completely!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Make sure the plug is fully home in the Leaf. Am not familier with this EV, or the EO, but something's ringing in back of my skull that others have had a similar problem with the plug not going in completely. May need a really good push, or maybe there's even a bit too much plastic at the head of the plug stopping it going in. These things are meant to be waterproof, so there's an O-ring somewhere to seal the gap. Check that's going in properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried that, it locks the cable in so pretty sure it's plugged in both ends fine.

pretty convinced it's an install issue, so would definitely have an EV in place ready to test for installation!

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,089 Posts
Have you checked the charge timer inside the Leaf? It's easy to leave in the 'off' position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I turned off all the timers, on the charger and the car.

the installer came just now and confirmed the installation was fine (the manufacturer also dialled in and checked/ran diagnostics).

think it might be a nissan thing to deal with....

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
8,706 Posts
Could be time for a basic fault elimination session with another local EV owner using visits to each others wall charger using each other's cables. This has happened a few times in here using forum members if we know your approximate location. I was involved a while back when the fault was traced to the connecting cable. Or, as you say, take the car back to the dealer to sort out.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
766 Posts
Is there a cable release cable on the Leaf (maybe under the bonnet). My ioniq used to do this where I think the locking mechanism gets jammed and fails to charge, pulling the release cable seems to free it and it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gonna head off when i finish work to test again at a supermarket

i tried it out at 40% at a rapid charger and it worked fine, tried also at 75% at a chargemaster, no issues, it's sitting at 81% right now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely sounds like the Eo then, is it a tethered cable or are you using the same cable you use at a public charge point?
yeah, looks like it, but nissan have asked me to bring it in to check, so let's see.

hopefully it's something really simple rather than needing to replace the whole charger.

it's not a tethered one, using the supplied type 2 cable which came with the car, seems to work in tesco

1 - 12 of 12 Posts