Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone had issues with their EO mini pro home charger? I've had one for about 11 months and when it's plugged into my Leaf, it pushes out notifications as if it's on steroids. The app support team and EO technical support have failed to come up with a solution.

It does work and charges up overnight, but the car is constantly beeping and lights flashing approx. every 20 mins. It's becoming really annoying and I'm considering having it removed.

Would welcome any thoughts or comments from others' experience with EO products.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have had my EO Mini Pro since December. No problems at all to date. I’m v happy with it.

What have EO customer service told you? Why are they failing to take further action to fix? Do they believe the problem is with your car or home electrics? I ask because on the few occasions that people have reported EO problems on this site they seem to have been rapidly fixed by the EO customer/technical service team.

I would suggest persevering.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've been disappointingly non-responsive. It's been almost a week since I last emailed them with screenshots of all the notifications from an overnight charge. The app developers support line was my first port of call but they're in the States. They ultimately wanted me to pay an advanced deposit for a unit swap then realised I was in the UK.

So I'm stuck at the moment. I'd just like it fixed for when I start charging more.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you copy this complete sequence of posts into the EO specific area of the forum I think it will get attention of customer services because I think they monitor it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that's a great suggestion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've only recently started using the JuiceNet app with my EO mini pro to set a timer and it sends a notification to my phone every 15 mins or so, "Charging started" then "Charging delayed due to TOU", whatever that means.

I haven't looked at the car to see if it lights up or makes a noise as it's on the back drive. Will have to as the neighbours might get annoyed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi @newsagent,

Sounds like you're having similar problem to me. TOU stands for time of use so you probably have the smart charging set up with times to start and stop.

I'd suggest contacting EO technical support either by phone or email as the more of us that complain the more likely we're going to get it fixed.

They contacted me after I posted in the EO charger thread but have yet to reply with any solution. Seem to be good at being seen to react but not in solving the problem.

Here's a link to the other thread:

[/URL]

The only solution I have is to forget the timer in the app and use the timer in the car. This means I switch the app to start charging now when I need to charge but the car shouldn't draw any current till its timer starts. I'll test this later this week as I charged to 100% last night.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. I've contacted support by email and will wait for a response. They say within 2 days so will see.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I charged up on Friday night using the timer on the car and setting the charger to charge now shortly after I plugged it in. Success! No annoying notifications throughout the evening and into the morning. The car was at 100% on Saturday morning as planned.

I then moved the charger into the stop charging setting via the app.

Interestingly, though the app crashes every time I try to access the charge history screen. Maybe it's getting its own back.

So gone are the annoying notifications, but it's still a poor show from EO and their app. No solutions from EO tech support or the developer. Tickets have been opened with both of them so let's if they come up with anything.

I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well mine appear to be getting worse since I complained, about every 15 mins.
This is the reply I got 5 days ago;

Hi,

Thank you for providing this. I will have a look at this Data now and come back to you ASAP

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An update:

I got an email from EO tech support last week confirming there is an issue and that the unit will need to be swapped out. Could they do it next week?

YES , some movement at last and I confirmed that it would fine.

Email this week, would I be willing to have a firmware upgrade instead to see if that'd work and if so they'd book an installer to go it. If not then a swap out.

It's not happened yet but at least I've had movement towards a permanent solution.

I'll update again when it happens and the result.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An update for everyone:

Since posting last, I had a promise from EO Technical Support to initially swap the unit out. And then that changed, with my agreement, to try a firmware update. However, despite being told they're "all over it" I've had no communications from them since 19 Oct and in 13 days it will have been 3 months since I first called them.

Patience is running thin to say the least. As it happened, when it was installed the app & charger wouldn't connect. After emailing the support line, I got a message from the MD and founder. It was sorted out. So today I've emailed him again.

Fingers crossed something happens. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a nice response this afternoon and should have a new unit fitted next week. Fingers crossed this works. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am a happy EO mini pro customer of almost 1 year. I use the charger regularly with my Audi, EDF tariff and the GoElectric App to remotely set and monitor the timed charging.

It works without fault therfore I’m intrigued as to what combination of EO charger vs car vs app is causing this issue? Is it a conflict between EO charger and Nissan Leaf or rather a problem with the EO app?

If the app is the problem, could users benefit from switching to the GoElectric app to use with their EO charger? (I don’t believe you need to be an EDF customer to use the GoElectric app)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi,

The app is EV JuiceNet and my EV is a 2019 40kw Leaf.

Looking forward to using a different app as this one just crashes all the time now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have downloaded and logged into the EDF version of the app. Spookily, it had all my data, which I can view without crashing. But I can't control the charger.

I'll wait and see what next week brings before fiddling any more with it.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There was a side of me that thought it might just be a rebranded version of your current app. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

it makes it all the more puzzling as to why the EO charger and App work so well for some people but not others. I can only assume that it must be that either EO or some car manufacturers must not be adhering 100% to the industry standard for the communications technology? ( I know very little on this topic but I assume there must be some kind of universal ‘standard’ to allow inter-operability?)

It would be great to know when and how you eventually get it fixed. Good Luck

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ive had nothing but trouble from EO tech support and their installer seems to have lost the plot. I’m still waiting after a month so I’m going to swap mine for a different machine in January. I tried calling and i just get the sales desk and then nobody rings me back.

i wont bother with EO anymore, total disaster

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,928 Posts
On the assumption that you claimed the OLEV grant for the installation I'd suggest that you complain to them - you'll get a speedy response from the manufacturer then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts