Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent months arguing with EO and latterly Enel/ Juicenet about problems with their system. As Enel put it 'This bug in their [EO] firmware is actually causing charging to start/stop multiple times when charging should be disallowed outside of the Smart Charging schedule'.

EO have denied this repeatedly and done nothing to correct the fault, to date.

More seriously, though, I pointed out that I would leave the car with ePedal 'on' and return to find it 'off' after a timed charge. EO repeatedly said this was not possible, but again, as Enel put it 'I asked our lead Engineer about the ePedal issue and he confirmed that he too has witnessed this behavior in testing. He concluded the constant stop/starts cause very abnormal and unintended behavior on the Leaf and agreed that would certainly explain the behavior you described'.

EO are to release a firmware update but this has to be done on site. If you have experienced any problems with your EO Mini Pro, best get in touch with them. Enel are to release a solution that will 'mute notifications' but EO need to step up now and sort this.

I'm also wondering how many 100s of times my car charger has switched on/ off every 10 seconds because of this fault, and whether that might lead to problems in the future.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bit of an update. Craig Chandler, COO at EO says it's not their fault! He's blaming Enel X/ Juicenet, but has offered a new Mini Pro 2 to replacement my current unit. I've asked for details of who is at fault here, and how this new unit will solve the problems I (and it seems many others on here) have been experiencing.

Does anybody know if there's a regulator for this industry? I've looked but can't seem to find one.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,086 Posts
If it's installed via the OLEV grant scheme I'd probably contact them first. Sounds like the EO isn't fit for purpose.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Sadly OLEV only cover problems with the grant and its administration. Seems like Trading Standards is my next step.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I took delivery of my EO Mini Pro in Nov/Dec 2019 through a deal with EDF. It is operated by an EDF branded app which, behind the branding, is I’m sure the Enel/Juicenet app. It seems to work fine when using it with my Audi and with friends cars although I’ve never tried it with a Leaf. I use the timer on the app, not the one on the car. Could it be that the relay is being triggered multiple times and the notifications are being muted?

Has EO or Enel said whether a certain batch or production run of chargers are at fault?

I’m not sure how many of the EO chargers have been sold via EDF. BUt, I’m assuming that in such instances it is EDF who are obliged to find a resolution?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's only been confirmed to me (by Enel X, which EO are now disputing), that the problem is with the Leaf. But, a quick look on this forum shows other make of car having problems with the Mini Pro. EO have offered me the newly released Mini Pro 2, which works with their own app and apparently will solve my problem. I'm reluctant to take this, though, as that would be the third unit in under a year and may come with its own issues.

Enel X are saying they will release a fix to their app next month that will 'mute notifications' but that could mean the relay clunks on/ off, you just don't know it!

You would hear this, though, if you're near the car. And, on the Leaf the blue lights flash on/ off for this event. But, if you can't see/ hear the charger from your house, who knows what it's doing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts