Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet the EO Mini Pro: the world's smallest smart home charger designed for the energy conscious EV driver ⚡

It’s powered by intelligent software so that you can start, stop and schedule charging – all from the palm of your hand... Ready for your next adventure?

In terms of technical features:
  • The EO Mini Pro is available in 3.6kW or 7kW power rating
  • Universal socket or Tethered (Type 1 or 2)
  • Charging sessions can be controlled from a smartphone (powered by JuiceNet)
The EO Mini Pro is compatible with all plug-in vehicle brands, is 18th Edition IET Wiring Compliant and has a 3-year product warranty - as with all EO Charging products.

The EO Mini Pro is OLEV approved for 1st of July under the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS). If you're eligible, you'll receive a £500 Home Charge Grant of the total cost of your home charger.

If you have any questions about our new home charging solution, say [email protected] and one of our experts will get in touch!

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
791 Posts
Hi, I'm interested - how much roughly after the grant and assuming a fairly standard install? Thanks

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I'm interested - how much roughly after the grant and assuming a fairly standard install? Thanks
Hi Bill, thanks for getting in touch! You can purchase the EO Mini Pro from £495.00 with the OLEV grant (inc. VAT) and with a standard installation Do you want me to put you in contact with our customer services team to find your nearest installer?

Thanks,
Charlotte

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Does the EO MiniPro include RCD protection or is that need to be installed separately before the incomer. If it is included, what RCD type and how is the DC protecion provided.

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the EO MiniPro include RCD protection or is that need to be installed separately before the incomer. If it is included, what RCD type and how is the DC protecion provided.
Hi Freddym Due to the small size of the charger, the RCD protection needs to be installed separately.
The DC leakage protection is inside the unit, meaning you can use a more cost effective Type A RCD. If you have any other questions, you can contact our customers' support team at [email protected]

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the 3 year warranty. Too many EVSEs have been brought to market without reliability built in.
EO Charging was developed on the principle of making EV charging simple, but also as safe as possible
If anything happens to your charger, we'll fix it right away!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I am looking at ordering the EO Mini Pro to use with a Tesla Model 3.

I am looking at a 'smart' unit to ensure that it is future-proofed and can take advantage of electricity suppliers' EV tariffs.

However, I will be managing the charging schedule of the Model 3 directly via the Tesla app (as opposed to the JuiceNet app).

Therefore, can I configure the EO Mini Pro so that it is always 'on and ready to go' and will start charging as soon as a car is connected? In other words, I do not want to have to open the JuiceNet app to start the charging.

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

I am looking at ordering the EO Mini Pro to use with a Tesla Model 3.

I am looking at a 'smart' unit to ensure that it is future-proofed and can take advantage of electricity suppliers' EV tariffs.

However, I will be managing the charging schedule of the Model 3 directly via the Tesla app (as opposed to the JuiceNet app).

Therefore, can I configure the EO Mini Pro so that it is always 'on and ready to go' and will start charging as soon as a car is connected? In other words, I do not want to have to open the JuiceNet app to start the charging.
Thanks for getting in touch and great to hear that you're interested by the EO Mini Pro!

You can use the EO Mini Pro with either the Tesla App or the JuiceNet App
Set charging at max power and you'll be able to manage and schedule your charging sessions.

If there's anything further we can support with then feel free to contact us here on Speak EV or you can access all of our contact details on the following link > Contact Us | EO Charging | Smart electric vehicle charging

Many thanks,
Charlotte

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I'm considering getting the EO Mini Pro but have a few questions.

Firstly unlike some others, the EO Mini Pro is IP54 rated (protects against splashing) and not IP65 rated. Is there an IP65 option?

Secondly on a certain website it gives the option of having an earth rod installed along with EO mini. I would prefer having the earth rod installed and wanted to know if this is now a requirement in the revised 18th edition?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts

Firstly unlike some others, the EO Mini Pro is IP54 rated (protects against splashing) and not IP65 rated. Is there an IP65 option?

Secondly on a certain website it gives the option of having an earth rod installed along with EO mini. I would prefer having the earth rod installed and wanted to know if this is now a requirement in the revised 18th edition?
Pretty sure that ALL EVSEs with a type 2 socket will be IPX4, purely because of the socket.

You night want the check how the EO Mini copes with any water introduced via the type 2 plug. Also what is the IK rating ( robustness against mechanical DAMAGE).

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
EO Charging was developed on the principle of making EV charging simple, but also as safe as possible
If anything happens to your charger, we'll fix it right away!
Thats easy to say when you are excluding the bits that fail most often by requiring them to be in the consumer unit.....

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hi Ruben, thanks for getting in touch!

The EO Mini Pro is indeed IP54 rated meaning the charger is protected against dust ingress and splashing of water from any angle – plug included You’re correct, an earth rod will need to be installed as per 18th addition regulations.

As Freddym said, it’s also good to check the IK rating: the EO Mini Pro is IK08 rated to protect the unit from external impacts of 5 joules.

If there's anything further we can support with then feel free to contact us here on Speak EV or you can access all of our contact details on the following link > Contact Us | EO Charging | Smart electric vehicle charging

Best,

Charlotte

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve just had my Mini-Pro installed by API electrical and a very neat job they did too. I’m still getting to grips with the JuiceNet App, but initial impression is that it’s US focused with no obvious way of setting units to £ or be linked to UK electricity supply costs. Similarly my VW E-UP! is not in the USDOT list so not a recognised car type, I’ve added it to the “custom” option so at least I can set battery capacity etc. I’ve contacted eMotorWerks the online supporting company and although understanding they couldn’t say when these issues would be addressed.

So the obvious question is why have EO, with primarily a European base, selected JuiceNet

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Given we expect normal sockets to last 20 or more years, it is a good option to have a EV charging socket that depends on an app to configure it?

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Ruben, thanks for getting in touch!

The EO Mini Pro is indeed IP54 rated meaning the charger is protected against dust ingress and splashing of water from any angle – plug included You’re correct, an earth rod will need to be installed as per 18th addition regulations.

As Freddym said, it’s also good to check the IK rating: the EO Mini Pro is IK08 rated to protect the unit from external impacts of 5 joules.

Best,

Charlotte
Hi Phil, thanks for getting in touch!

We've reviewed your feedback in detail and have passed it on to the development teams both here at EO Charging and at eMotorWerks. We will do our best to update you on when these changes will be made.

In response to why we've integrated the JuiceNet platform - injecting eMotorWerks' technology into the EO Mini Pro meant we could offer EV drivers greater insight and control when plugging in. The JuiceNet platform also ensures that the Mini Pro is smart grid enabled and by participating in energy services, such as demand response, drivers can reduce EV operating costs and relieve pressure on the grid at times of stress.

We will be working closely with eMotorWerks over the coming weeks to ensure the platform is well suited to a European plug-in driver. If you have any further feedback when using the app, please do contact us on [email protected].

Best,
Miles

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I now have quotes for the installation of an EO Mini Pro but the unanswered question for me is whether it will work with Octopus Energy's Agile tariff rather than EV Go? At the moment choosing between Agile and Go is a close run thing for my annual consumption and demand times. My question is this: will the App ever be capable of working with 30 minute ToU tariffs or will an EO Mini untethered with an OHME cable be a better option? The latter also begs the question: will the EO Mini be certified for installation post 1 July?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I now have quotes for the installation of an EO Mini Pro but the unanswered question for me is whether it will work with Octopus Energy's Agile tariff rather than EV Go? At the moment choosing between Agile and Go is a close run thing for my annual consumption and demand times. My question is this: will the App ever be capable of working with 30 minute ToU tariffs or will an EO Mini untethered with an OHME cable be a better option? The latter also begs the question: will the EO Mini be certified for installation post 1 July?
I’m not a 100% up on the Agile offer, but from based on what I’ve picked up from the JuiceNet App so far, all you are able to do is set start/end times manually based upon visibility of the future price. You’d have to adjust/check the timing and duration every day to match the best price window. However I believe the Agile offer includes access to 1/2hourly pricing info?, if so, there’s currently no ability for example for the JuiceNet App or desktop to set an upper price/kWh at which charging could be temporarily suspended and restarted as the price falls. Hopefully someone from EO will respond to your query, I’m certainly interested in their plans.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
If you intend to use the OHME smart cable, it might be better to just install a switched CEE socket. Upstream of the socket, inside your house/garage you can install the protective switchgear.

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Lexden,

The EO Mini Pro will have the ability to have a TOU window set i.e. charge between 22:00 and 05:00.
As Freddym said, the time is set manually using the Juicenet app and is therefore not impacted by the energy supplier chosen.
It means that if Octopus has a nice cheap charging window from 01:00 to 04:00 then you can set your EO Mini Pro to charge within those times.

The app is currently able to set only one TOU window of 30min or longer – but we’re working closely with eMotorWerks (Juicenet's technology), to integrate further timing functionalities and will keep you updated about this.

The EO Mini will not be OLEV approved for 1st of July but the EO Mini Pro will definitely be – hope that helps? If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to contact us directly here or on [email protected].

Best,
Charlotte

1 - 20 of 27 Posts