Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hi Lexden,

The EO Mini Pro will have the ability to have a TOU window set i.e. charge between 22:00 and 05:00.
As Freddym said, the time is set manually using the Juicenet app and is therefore not impacted by the energy supplier chosen.
It means that if Octopus has a nice cheap charging window from 01:00 to 04:00 then you can set your EO Mini Pro to charge within those times.

The app is currently able to set only one TOU window of 30min or longer – but we’re working closely with eMotorWerks (Juicenet's technology), to integrate further timing functionalities and will keep you updated about this.

The EO Mini will not be OLEV approved for 1st of July but the EO Mini Pro will definitely be – hope that helps? If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to contact us directly here or on [email protected].

Best,
Charlotte
Thanks Charlotte. The whole point of ToU tariffs is to allow consumers to use electricity when supply is high and demand is low. Sadly, setting a fixed charge period is just a compromise. Is it possible that EV charger manufacturers are missing a trick here which companies like Ohme are trying to address with their smart charging cable?

More information on Agile in the link. The graphs are worth a look:

Home - Energy Stats UK

·
We design and manufacture EV smart chargers
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I thought the smallest home charge point was a 13A socket? Cheers
Good point! Apologies, we should have been more precise - it's the world's smallest, safe, fast, smart charger...
Although that's far less catchy

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Charlotte. The whole point of ToU tariffs is to allow consumers to use electricity when supply is high and demand is low. Sadly, setting a fixed charge period is just a compromise. Is it possible that EV charger manufacturers are missing a trick here which companies like Ohme are trying to address with their smart charging cable?

More information on Agile in the link. The graphs are worth a look:

Home - Energy Stats UK
We're working towards launching a long term solution similar to the OHME cable you mentioned and will do our best to update you on when these changes will be made.

Do let me know if you have further questions,

Best,
Charlotte

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
We're working towards launching a long term solution similar to the OHME cable you mentioned and will do our best to update you on when these changes will be made.

Do let me know if you have further questions,

Best,
Charlotte
Thank you. Will the update be a firmware update to the Mini Pro or a new EV charger. I would like, if possible, to future proof. As I understand it, Octopus Energy is allowing third-party access to its APIs for its Agile and Go tariffs.

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you. Will the update be a firmware update to the Mini Pro or a new EV charger. I would like, if possible, to future proof. As I understand it, Octopus Energy is allowing third-party access to its APIs for its Agile and Go tariffs.
Later this year we will be introducing a number of dedicated smart-home products that will address the functionality you’re looking for. In the short term, however, home owners can input a specific charging window using the EO Mini Pro smartphone app (powered by JuiceNet).

We hope that answers your question? Let us know if we can support further.

Best,
Charlotte

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Later this year we will be introducing a number of dedicated smart-home products that will address the functionality you’re looking for. In the short term, however, home owners can input a specific charging window using the EO Mini Pro smartphone app (powered by JuiceNet).

We hope that answers your question? Let us know if we can support further.

Best,
Charlotte
Thanks - that’s helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi - New to the EV scene, so some basic questions about the EO Mini Pro:

Is there a continuos subscription charge to access the data through the app? I see some of the other suppliers initially provide the data for free in the first 3 years and then start charging for the next three years?

Also, I'd like to get the untethered unit but concerned about leaving it overnight and the cable going walkabouts - is it possible to lock the cable to the EO Mini Pro unit?

The Juice Net App isn't get many favourable reviews - is there scope to improve this? Does it work with the Outlander PHEV 2015 model?

Is it possible to switch off the electricity to the unit?

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi - New to the EV scene, so some basic questions about the EO Mini Pro:

Is there a continuos subscription charge to access the data through the app? I see some of the other suppliers initially provide the data for free in the first 3 years and then start charging for the next three years?

Also, I'd like to get the untethered unit but concerned about leaving it overnight and the cable going walkabouts - is it possible to lock the cable to the EO Mini Pro unit?

The Juice Net App isn't get many favourable reviews - is there scope to improve this? Does it work with the Outlander PHEV 2015 model?

Is it possible to switch off the electricity to the unit?
Hi AM786, thanks for getting in touch - exciting times that you've joined the EV revolution! ⚡

When you're getting an EO Mini Pro installed, a 3-year subscription is automatically included for free and after that period there will be a £2.25 monthly charge to access your charging data.

The EO Mini Pro doesn't come with a locking socket but if you're concerned about leaving your cable overnight you can set a charging schedule to prevent others from using your charger when your vehicle isn't plugged in.

We've integrated the JuiceNet platform into the EO Mini Pro to offer EV drivers greater insight and control when plugging in but it's very important for us to collect feedback from our customers. If you think that a specific feature needs improvement, let us know and we'll inform both our development team and eMotorWerk’s. That being said, the EO Mini Pro (and therefore the JuiceNet app) is compatible with all plug-in vehicles brands, including the Outlander PHEV 2015 - is it the car you're driving at the moment?

Lastly, you can turn off your EO Mini Pro using the main trip switch, which we'd recommend if you're going on holiday to make sure no one plugs in and starts charging in your absence.

Hope all of the above answer your questions? Let us know if we can further support.

Best,
Charlotte

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Charlie,

Thank you and appreciate the response. Yes, I have the outlander PHEV 2015.

I don't believe this charging plan and costs after three years is listed anywhere on the site or the T&Cs. The costs per month seem excessive and about 40% more than some others on the market over 3 years - have you thought about what a discounted 3 year plan would cost e.g. some are charging £50 for three years. In addition, what plans are in place to provide 'My Account' features on the EO site?

My concern with the app is the ability to keep up with the demand and enhancements that are being asked by ev users. Also, from what I see it is heavily focussed on in the US, have you thought about bringing the development house? Play Store ratings and comments seem to indicate some instability in the platform - not sure the above costs can justify the ongoing monthly costs to access the data.

It's great that the time/use can be scheduled (although another contention point in many comments from users about not being able to schedule or turn on), unfortunately this doesn't help to secure the cable whilst in use. Also, since my main meter is outside, the trip switch will also be outside therefore easily accessed. A lock to stop unauthorised access or fingerprint reader to activate/deactivate may help.

I understand we are still 'early' in the evolution of ev so appreciate that we are all still learning and you might still be formulating many of your ideas/policies. I hope my feedback is taken constructively and helps to inform your organisation moving forwards.

Regards,

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi Charlie,

Thank you and appreciate the response. Yes, I have the outlander PHEV 2015.

I don't believe this charging plan and costs after three years is listed anywhere on the site or the T&Cs. The costs per month seem excessive and about 40% more than some others on the market over 3 years - have you thought about what a discounted 3 year plan would cost e.g. some are charging £50 for three years. In addition, what plans are in place to provide 'My Account' features on the EO site?

My concern with the app is the ability to keep up with the demand and enhancements that are being asked by ev users. Also, from what I see it is heavily focussed on in the US, have you thought about bringing the development house? Play Store ratings and comments seem to indicate some instability in the platform - not sure the above costs can justify the ongoing monthly costs to access the data.

It's great that the time/use can be scheduled (although another contention point in many comments from users about not being able to schedule or turn on), unfortunately this doesn't help to secure the cable whilst in use. Also, since my main meter is outside, the trip switch will also be outside therefore easily accessed. A lock to stop unauthorised access or fingerprint reader to activate/deactivate may help.

I understand we are still 'early' in the evolution of ev so appreciate that we are all still learning and you might still be formulating many of your ideas/policies. I hope my feedback is taken constructively and helps to inform your organisation moving forwards.

Regards,
Hello AM786,

To respond to your feedback on the JuiceNet app - please note that we're reviewing our smart charging product range and pricing scheme, meaning that we'll be introducing a number of new charging features over the next year, available for customers with a new monthly plan.

Behind the scenes, we're also developing an updated version of the EO Mini Pro - with a new app that will suit all EV drivers, including European users.

Securing your cable - that's a great point! This is an issue we're aware of and your suggestions have been passed on to our development and tech team.

We've taken your comments on board and we'll do our best to update you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to drop us a note here or directly at [email protected].

Best,
Charlotte

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
The concept of needing to pay a subscription to keep a "oversized 13 amp socket" working, when I can get a subscription free WiFi smart 13 amp socket, does not make logical sence. (Unless you own the account that the subscription are paid into!)

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi @ringi,

Thanks for the feedback, as mentioned above we are currently reviewing all of our smart charging products (including pricing structure) and will be providing an update to all customers at the start of next year.

Many thanks,
Miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bit disappointed earthing/ RCD does not come as part of the standard installation as with POD point. Can't see many, if anybody pays the standard installation cost. Add £100 for earthing rod and £65 for consumer unit in meter box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it possible to install the charger
direct to an isolation switch in the meter box without a consumer unit?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No to just an isolator on its own. If the charge point is to be fed from an external meter box most installers will split the meter tails going to the house consumer unit and fit a suitably rated mini consumer unit in the meter box provided there’s space. In this case the mini consumer unit would then provide isolation and protection to and from the charge point.

·
Registered
666 Posts
FYI I've embedded a large eyebolt into the wall by the chargepoint and then secured the cable to it with a padlock. The only way any tealeaf could nick the cable is by cutting it which (a) would make the whole thing a bit pointless and (b) probably fry him into the bargain! I still have the cable after 3 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having trouble with the charger and app at the moment - it’s the smallest and neatest charger on the market but time and again I am coming down to a car that hasn’t charged in the economy 7 window set up in the TOU settings - hasn’t charged at all...... When I plug the eGolf in, I am sent the message by Juicenet telling me that it’s waiting for the TOU period to charge, then it tries a few times between then and 0030 to charge the vehicle, only to stop charging again a few seconds later. The installer has been for the standard follow up check and all was well - I explained the issues I am having he was going to speak to Juicenet and they would come back to me..... a month later, nothing as yet!

Don’t suffer from range anxiety, seem to be being hit by charge anxiety!

·
Registered
10 Posts
No to just an isolator on its own. If the charge point is to be fed from an external meter box most installers will split the meter tails going to the house consumer unit and fit a suitably rated mini consumer unit in the meter box provided there’s space. In this case the mini consumer unit would then provide isolation and protection to and from the charge point.

Thanks, this is helpful. So do you know what the smallest CU would be?

I've seen this one Single unpopulated, so all I'll need to get us a MCB - do you think this will work?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts