Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hi Lexden,

The EO Mini Pro will have the ability to have a TOU window set i.e. charge between 22:00 and 05:00.
As Freddym said, the time is set manually using the Juicenet app and is therefore not impacted by the energy supplier chosen.
It means that if Octopus has a nice cheap charging window from 01:00 to 04:00 then you can set your EO Mini Pro to charge within those times.

The app is currently able to set only one TOU window of 30min or longer – but we’re working closely with eMotorWerks (Juicenet's technology), to integrate further timing functionalities and will keep you updated about this.

The EO Mini will not be OLEV approved for 1st of July but the EO Mini Pro will definitely be – hope that helps? If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to contact us directly here or on [email protected].

Best,
Charlotte
Thanks Charlotte. The whole point of ToU tariffs is to allow consumers to use electricity when supply is high and demand is low. Sadly, setting a fixed charge period is just a compromise. Is it possible that EV charger manufacturers are missing a trick here which companies like Ohme are trying to address with their smart charging cable?

More information on Agile in the link. The graphs are worth a look:

Home - Energy Stats UK

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I thought the smallest home charge point was a 13A socket? Cheers
Good point! Apologies, we should have been more precise - it's the world's smallest, safe, fast, smart charger...
Although that's far less catchy

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Charlotte. The whole point of ToU tariffs is to allow consumers to use electricity when supply is high and demand is low. Sadly, setting a fixed charge period is just a compromise. Is it possible that EV charger manufacturers are missing a trick here which companies like Ohme are trying to address with their smart charging cable?

More information on Agile in the link. The graphs are worth a look:

Home - Energy Stats UK
We're working towards launching a long term solution similar to the OHME cable you mentioned and will do our best to update you on when these changes will be made.

Do let me know if you have further questions,

Best,
Charlotte

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
We're working towards launching a long term solution similar to the OHME cable you mentioned and will do our best to update you on when these changes will be made.

Do let me know if you have further questions,

Best,
Charlotte
Thank you. Will the update be a firmware update to the Mini Pro or a new EV charger. I would like, if possible, to future proof. As I understand it, Octopus Energy is allowing third-party access to its APIs for its Agile and Go tariffs.

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you. Will the update be a firmware update to the Mini Pro or a new EV charger. I would like, if possible, to future proof. As I understand it, Octopus Energy is allowing third-party access to its APIs for its Agile and Go tariffs.
Later this year we will be introducing a number of dedicated smart-home products that will address the functionality you’re looking for. In the short term, however, home owners can input a specific charging window using the EO Mini Pro smartphone app (powered by JuiceNet).

We hope that answers your question? Let us know if we can support further.

Best,
Charlotte

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Later this year we will be introducing a number of dedicated smart-home products that will address the functionality you’re looking for. In the short term, however, home owners can input a specific charging window using the EO Mini Pro smartphone app (powered by JuiceNet).

We hope that answers your question? Let us know if we can support further.

Best,
Charlotte
Thanks - that’s helpful.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts