Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I was looking at the EO Mini Smart Home, partly because Octopus seem to have an offer on for it. It's obviously a new product, is it actually available now? Does anyone have one installed.

The other question I have is whether it works without using the app. I'm sure all the smart features are lovely to have, but what I really need is to be able to charge my car, even if, say, my internet connection is down, or my WiFi's on the blink, or EO's servers have crashed, or the app doesn't like the new version of android, or I've lost my phone, or any of the other myriad things that could go wrong ?. So can I just plug my car in and charge it, without using the app?

EDIT: I've just read the EO website more carefully (!) and realised that the EO Mini Smart Home is a package of 2 existing products, the mini charger and the home hub. I think my questions still stand though; does anyone have this package installed (and what's it like) and can it be used to charge without the app?

Thanks,

Ian.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This has caught my attention too, not sure on the specific answer with regard to your query though I'd be interested to know but it looks nice and tidy and I was looking for the solar charging option as well.

I did see a mention in another thread about potential cable locking function. Not sure if it made it to production but it'd be handy to maintain that clean look with the cable free version.

Which version did you have in mind?

·
We design and manufacture EV smart chargers
66 Posts
Hello,

I was looking at the EO Mini Smart Home, partly because Octopus seem to have an offer on for it. It's obviously a new product, is it actually available now? Does anyone have one installed.

The other question I have is whether it works without using the app. I'm sure all the smart features are lovely to have, but what I really need is to be able to charge my car, even if, say, my internet connection is down, or my WiFi's on the blink, or EO's servers have crashed, or the app doesn't like the new version of android, or I've lost my phone, or any of the other myriad things that could go wrong ?. So can I just plug my car in and charge it, without using the app?

EDIT: I've just read the EO website more carefully (!) and realised that the EO Mini Smart Home is a package of 2 existing products, the mini charger and the home hub. I think my questions still stand though; does anyone have this package installed (and what's it like) and can it be used to charge without the app?

Thanks,

Ian.
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your message!

We were hoping that another EV driver would be able to share their experience here but I’d be more than happy to share a few details on the EO Mini Smart Home.

The EO Mini Smart Home package includes the EO Mini charging unit and the EO Home Hub, which with additional CT clamps can power your vehicle with solar energy. It’s currently available at a discounted rate through Octopus here > eo | Octopus Electric vehicles

When looking at charging without the app - should anything happen to your internet connection or your charger becomes disconnected from the EO Home Hub your charger will continue to work. You’ll still be able to charge your car by simply plugging-in…

We hope this answers your questions? If you’re looking for more details on our home charging range (including a comparison table of all our chargers) then why not order our home charging catalogue here > https://www.eocharging.com/home-charging-catalogue

Many thanks,
Charlotte

·
66 Posts
This has caught my attention too, not sure on the specific answer with regard to your query though I'd be interested to know but it looks nice and tidy and I was looking for the solar charging option as well.

I did see a mention in another thread about potential cable locking function. Not sure if it made it to production but it'd be handy to maintain that clean look with the cable free version.

Which version did you have in mind?
Hi Hutchgee,

Thanks for your message!

I'm afraid the EO Mini Smart Home doesn't come with a locking socket but if you're concerned about leaving your cable overnight you can set a charging schedule to prevent others from using your charger when your vehicle isn't plugged in.

Hope that helps?

Thanks,
Charlotte

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your message!

We were hoping that another EV driver would be able to share their experience here but I’d be more than happy to share a few details on the EO Mini Smart Home.

The EO Mini Smart Home package includes the EO Mini charging unit and the EO Home Hub, which with additional CT clamps can power your vehicle with solar energy. It’s currently available at a discounted rate through Octopus here > eo | Octopus Electric vehicles

When looking at charging without the app - should anything happen to your internet connection or your charger becomes disconnected from the EO Home Hub your charger will continue to work. You’ll still be able to charge your car by simply plugging-in…

We hope this answers your questions? If you’re looking for more details on our home charging range (including a comparison table of all our chargers) then why not order our home charging catalogue here > https://www.eocharging.com/home-charging-catalogue

Many thanks,
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your reply. I have applied through the octopus website, so will hopefully have one soon! I'm still interested in anyone elses experiences, but perhaps as a new product not many people have them installed. Incidentally, the reviews for the app on the google play store aren't very encouraging. Hopefully there's a new version in the works?

Ian.

·
66 Posts
Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your reply. I have applied through the octopus website, so will hopefully have one soon! I'm still interested in anyone elses experiences, but perhaps as a new product not many people have them installed. Incidentally, the reviews for the app on the google play store aren't very encouraging. Hopefully there's a new version in the works?

Ian.
Hi Ian,

Exciting to hear that you’re going for an EO Mini Smart Home! Keep us posted on when you have further information on your install date!

We have indeed taken customer feedback on board and have been working on an updated version of the ‘EO Smart Home’ app, which will be available to use over the coming weeks.

If you have any further questions while waiting for your EO Mini Smart Home, don’t hesitate to drop us a note here or at [email protected] - we’d be happy to help!

Best,
Charlotte

1 - 6 of 6 Posts