Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random question out of curiosity, I have an EO mini pro 2 fitting and just trying to figure why it has its own WiFi? Phone connects to it (no internet obviously). Can understand why it needs to connect to WiFi for smart features, just not why it acts a a hotspot

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,670 Posts
That would presumably be for you to connect to it and access the control panel to set it up? That's how it works on most smart chargers.

·
Registered
2021 BMW 530e
45 Posts
I've wondered the same thing. Most systems that you need to setup via a web page, switch off their AP mode once they've connected to the main network. Google Chromecasts, for example, only switch on their AP mode again if they lose contact with the configured network. It's odd that the EO Mini is still broadcasting it's SSID when it's happily connected to the Internet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is used for the setup. Just as themegaman says it's odd it just continues to broadcast it's ssid. Doesn't really matter just wondered. Only thing that has caught me couple of times is trying to set up the ohme stood by the car and phone has auto connected to the EO, so have to switch it back to the home WiFi. Maybe should just hide it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts