Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kia e-Niro on order for delivery in June/July and I'm starting to research home chargers. So far, I've only looked at the EO Smart Home and the Zappi. I have PV panels on the house and, being retired, would be able to charge during the daytime quite frequently. I've had a couple of conversations with EO and have to say they have been extremely helpful, especially on the issue of upgrading the power supply to the house. I park off-road but have no garage.
I would be very interested in finding out which home chargers people here have and any recommendations or what features to look out for or avoid. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance 2019
105 Posts
I have the EO Mini Pro with a tethered cable. I’m very happy with it because it is small, neat and saves me having to fiddle with two ends of a cable every time I want to plug in. I’ve been able to get logs off it that have helped me work out what I’m paying to charge the car. I chose it precisely because of the help given by EO like you seem to have received.

It seems that your use of electricity with solar is more complex than mine, so you may need to give it more thought. I’ve seen many raves about Ohme chargers, especially from those using Octopus Agile that might be ideal for you.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Consider the Smart+ from ChargedEV which also supports solar and in which @Mike Schooling was heavily involved. I have no connection with them and do not have one but it would be my choice in the current market as it is better engineered whilst more expensive than the Ohme unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts