Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes EQC 400 4MATIC AMG, Brilliant Blue
6 Posts
I've only had it week and it is my first EV so has been a learning experience. But all in all I'm really enjoying the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would be great to hear from an EQC owner. I’m also considering a purchase for my chauffeur company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
3 months on and loving it. The power is instant, it doesn't so much accelerate as jump to 60. Comfortable ride, obviously doesn't corner like my old A-Class but I'm getting a bit old for a boy racer:)

Really easy to live with, have loved being able to start the heating up from the warmth of the house with the weather recently. I haven't been driving particularly conservatively or like a nutter and I've been averaging around 2m/kw. So a full 'tank' to zero would be 160 miles. Usually in the first level of power regeneration. There is a charging station just down the road so just generally top up once or twice a week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the update Slacksquadron. Glad to hear it’s a comfy ride. Rear passenger comfort is a must for my cars. Do you think you’d get anywhere near the 250 range if you drove it conservatively? I often do 250 mile journeys from Gloucestershire to London usually with a break after a hundred miles but that could just be for 30 mins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3 months on and loving it. The power is instant, it doesn't so much accelerate as jump to 60. Comfortable ride, obviously doesn't corner like my old A-Class but I'm getting a bit old for a boy racer:)

Really easy to live with, have loved being able to start the heating up from the warmth of the house with the weather recently. I haven't been driving particularly conservatively or like a nutter and I've been averaging around 2m/kw. So a full 'tank' to zero would be 160 miles. Usually in the first level of power regeneration. There is a charging station just down the road so just generally top up once or twice a week.
From my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong. The onboard AC charger (if purchased after Jan21) only charges at 16amp? I.e. 3.7kw and 11kw?
I believe the charger was changed from the 2019/2020 32amp 3.7kw and 7.4kw to the 11kw 16amp.

Great for Europe, not so much for the UK.

Can a current owner with the upgraded charger confirm please. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I'm considering one of these - can you tell me if it has a heated steering wheel? I can't seem to find any info on this or even if one is included with the Premium or Premium Plus packages. Many thanks, Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the update Slacksquadron. Glad to hear it’s a comfy ride. Rear passenger comfort is a must for my cars. Do you think you’d get anywhere near the 250 range if you drove it conservatively? I often do 250 mile journeys from Gloucestershire to London usually with a break after a hundred miles but that could just be for 30 mins.

I really don't think it would stretch that far. Mercedes recommend only charging up to 80%. Even with the full 80kw and running it down to zero i don't see it breaking 200 miles on a single charge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I'm considering one of these - can you tell me if it has a heated steering wheel? I can't seem to find any info on this or even if one is included with the Premium or Premium Plus packages. Many thanks, Mark
Pretty sure a heated steering wheel is not an option. Certainly was not when I specced mine up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts