Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,940 Posts
Wondering how long after fully charged is it taking others for the equalisation charge?
Dunno, I'm usually asleep by that time.

Reactions: Bombuzal

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wondering how long after fully charged is it taking others for the equalisation charge?
If your car sometimes takes aaaaages it probably has the Jul/Aug 2020 BMS (mine does). They tried to fix this issue and created the really bad October release which had range issues.

The Jan 21 update resolves both issues but AFAIK they’re only offering it to folks with the buggy October update (range issues)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If your car sometimes takes aaaaages it probably has the Jul/Aug 2020 BMS (mine does). They tried to fix this issue and created the really bad October release which had range issue
This is it, I'm not sure what an excessive time is... it took around 2hrs40 yesterday for the equalisation (this is its 3rd charge and all charges have ran to complete)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Before the gash BMS update it was taking roughly an hour to balance.

After the update it was taking 10 hours and doing bugger all.

After the fix update it was taking 10 hours for the first 20 rebalances and is now down to a few hours (@449V - may still be balancing a lagging pack)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
When I last fully charged mine 4 weeks ago, it was still taking several hours, but as I’m not working due to a house move & not able work having broken my leg and I don’t have a home charger yet, it’s difficult to say!

Reactions: Bombuzal

·
Registered
i3 94AH
14 Posts
Got my car at the end of September 2020 and it fully charges to 455V other than that no idea what version of BMS I have. Equalisation takes about 15mins and never more than 20 mins.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,098 Posts
Got my car at the end of September 2020 and it fully charges to 455V other than that no idea what version of BMS I have. Equalisation takes about 15mins and never more than 20 mins.
Not the broken one. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts