Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to report errors in the SatNav maps, please?
There is a bad one near us which takes people down a dead end road which ends in very little room to turn round. Also, a road which has been closed for 30+ years has been 'reopened' in the maps and is now used in routes. It's OK for us - we know the SatNav is showing rubbish, but it's wrong and misleads people.
Thanks
Silverback

·
Registered
211 Posts
Report it to Tom-tom directly? I don't expect it to change any time soon though.

Kia doesn't care as they just buy the system as a whole.
I think Kia just buy mapping from TomTom to replace their previous supplier ie Here by Naviteq. It is quite likely that the map data is not the up to date TomTom maps. When I had a Mazda, they used the Full TomTom software, which received quarterly map updates and had the same user interface as a stand alone TomTom, complete with the ability to send corrections.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,815 Posts
TomTom seem to have a nack for deciding things are roads that I’d only venture down in a defender. What surprised me more is people follow these.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,861 Posts
I think Kia just buy mapping from TomTom to replace their previous supplier ie Here by Naviteq. It is quite likely that the map data is not the up to date TomTom maps. When I had a Mazda, they used the Full TomTom software, which received quarterly map updates and had the same user interface as a stand alone TomTom, complete with the ability to send corrections.
That is all about integration, isn't it? Mazda integration is different from what Kia provides.

But I can directly report a speed camera from my infotainment system to TomTom. There was a screen button for it, which I think was removed in the latest update.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
946 Posts
I'm about 100% certain it is TomTom service. This is a screenshot from KiaUK website:
Hmm, one thing is the live services (like e.g. traffic info or the charger locations), another is the maps. This is from the spanish site (in spanish, duh):

highlighted part says: 'maps supplier by HERE (formerly Navteq). TomTom Live Services.'

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, everyone. I have reported the errors to TomTom. Now to see
a) whether they update the maps
b) if they do, then see how long it takes to get an updated map on the E-Niro! :unsure:
Silverback
PS : I put in the error report that Google Maps showed the correct situation, so perhaps that might provoke TomTom to correct things. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts