Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not that difficult to trigger the yellow ESP light to blink in the Ampera is it? You forget it's quite a heavy old car for its size, and that the low rolling resistance tyres aren't the ultimate for grip. Perfectly safe of course, but I was reminded of it today driving from Portsmouth to London on the A3 and going round the oddly shaped (almost egg shaped!) roundabout at Liss that catches so many out ... quite easy to provoke a little flash of the ESP light by taking it at a relatively modest speed that has never been an issue in any previous car. :)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,604 Posts
I found that on my extended 3 day test drive, wee yellow flashing light on a corner that I would in no way have considered to be taking fast. It is the first car I have driven with ESP so maybe it would light up on other cars under the same circumstance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I work in Basingstoke, so lots of roundabouts!

I have been surprised by the ESP on the Volt; on the times when I am drivent "enthusiastically" the car holds the line really well and the ESP does not cut in, at other times when I am trying to maximise range and am pussy footing round very small curves the ESP can flash up.

It does not make sense but it always feels very safe either way.

Regards,
Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts