Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be taking the Leaf from Colchester to Edinburgh at the end of July. Going up the M1 etc. with a side trip into Yorkshire.

I have these cards:
  • Ecotricity
  • CYC
  • Source East (not tried it but should also work on Source London and Plugged In Midlands).
and will probably grit my teeth, think of England and get a Polar card for emergency use, as they seem incapable of shipping the Android phone app. any time soon.

So my question is: have I missed any? Are there any other cards I should get? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ecotricity and CYC should pretty much cover you. You'd have to be really unlucky to need to use anything else.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Remember Zeronet if you get stuck with Rapids. Always lots of options of simple 32amp charging. Inderstandably might not be great for every stop but good if you are stopping for a nicer lunch that a service station!
No membership/RFID card needed either which is a real plus.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, it seems I've got it covered.

I'd love to be using ZeroNet but it's not going to work, at least not for overnight stops. You can see how organised I am if I say we're going to Edinburgh to go to the Commonwealth Games! Yes I know they're in Glasgow but we left it too late to find any accommodation in Glasgow for the nights we want, hence we've ended up in Edinburgh and are going to commute to Glasgow for the event we've got tickets for. There are no vacancies for the dates we want at any ZeroNet hotels in the whole of Southern Scotland!

So here's hoping the public chargers are all working OK. It could be fun. I'm also hoping that I won't need to go to the level of detailed planning that David Peilow and Robert Llewellyn did for their trip, we'll just set off up the M1 and it'll all go fine. Well, I'll probably have some backup plans but as I said, I'm not the world's best organised person. I also can't see the point of too much planning now when the state of the network at the end of July is currently anybody's guess.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well u can learn from my experience soon (already done Birmingham to Swansea, then Swansea to Portsmouth, Bournemouth , London and than back. Next week we doing Swansea to Birmingham, Chester and back and than 1 and half week later the big one which I think u will be most interested in.

Swansea to Dunstable, Manchester, Edinburgh, chorley, Birmingham, Cardiff and then Swansea.

More dates come on less I am worrying about it feel like it will e just like hunting for LPG stations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts