Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What estimated range are people getting after a full charge overnight?

I have charged 3 times now and each time I get an estimate of 38 miles. It also is working out that I am actually getting about 38 miles on EV mode too.

I know that it is just an estimate and based on previous driving style etc but even so, it does seem a bit low to me.

Tomorrow we are driving from Cornwall to the Lake District stopping in Stoke overnight so it will get a good workout over the next few days. Perhaps it will settle down. It is still very early days.

·
Premium Member
11,618 Posts
Mine was 37 when I collectd from dealer (fully charged) but is learning as it now tends to say 42 when full charged.

Of course, I don't always get that, on an "M4" day I get around 38 and on an "A Road" day around 45. Both of which I'm very pleased with :)

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul.

Yes, don't get me wrong... I am certainly not complaining about it myself either... just interesting I suppose.

I have done about 17 miles today already and clearly it is learning already. The range estimate remaining plus the 17 miles I have done already is now 42.

Trevor said that the full charge estimate is calculated using the previous 120 miles driving... I have only done 95!!! It needs another 25 miles or so just to have a reasonable sample to work with.

I am sure it will settle down... so will I :oops:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think you will find the Climate setting you are using will impact forecast and actual range

Yesterday morning I had an unusually early (for me) start and after sensing my back getting warm realised the heated seats were set to "Auto" which impacted the "Climate Efficiency" percentage.

I must remember to start using the 10 minute remote warm-up/cool-down function while it's still plugged in!

Big Paul

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm now getting 41 or 42 miles on the display, on the first charge I too had 38 miles. I have mainly driven on battery and now have an estimated life petrol consumption of 216MPG which goes up every charge. I do not want to use petrol, it will all change downwards when I go on holiday :!:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts