Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have only had my car a couple of weeks now. Loving it but think I have a battery issue and was wondering if any others had experienced similar.

only done 300 miles so far butcannot get range to increase at all. ive charged it twice now. First time from 20% to 100%, second time from 40% to 90%. Each time indicated range has been approx 100 miles. I’m not driven it hard and recently I have tried to be even more considered in accelerating, anticipating slowing etc but range ain’t improving. Have it booked into Audi but they can’t take it for a few weeks.

a couple of screenshots from the app:

Anyone aware of any known issues like this?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,398 Posts
How are you charging it to 100%? It might need a few slow 7kw charges to get itself sorted out. Consumption does seem rather high.

Check round all 4 wheels to make sure there isn't a strangely hot one.

Regenerative braking is turned on isn't it? Have you got a power flow screen in it that you can check while driving to make sure it is?

It does seem a bit thirsty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a 22kw charger first time, charging at 11kw. Second time was on a 50kw charging at an indicated 36ish. Time taken to charge seems in line with what I would expect. Wheels are not binding, none hot and no dust build up. Car coasts very freely and regen is indicating when activated both automatically and by gentle braking. I don’t have a home charger yet so relying on public facilities. Have registered for concierge service, not sure if their tech dept will be able to offer any advice. Funny thing is when it was delivered (by driver) to home it had 120 range left after being driven from distribution centre 40 miles away so something changed in my ownership.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,304 Posts
I've a sneaking suspicion someone is driving their Audi EV like an Audi and not like an EV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I said previously I’m driving very conservatively, especially over last few days. The two days showing 40odd kwh/100 miles were mainly mway driving with cruise set at 65 - 70 mph. The others more urban. Car in efficient mode, when accelerating keeping it under 30% power, barely using brakes apart from coming to a complete halt. If there are any more tips on how to properly drive an EV efficiently I’m all ears!! But even seeing 35-45kwh/100 miles surely the range should be up at 140 plus??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car mainly driven with one on board, never more than 3. No luggage (or marble lol) ac on eco at 20degC and apart from radio on nothing connected, no heated seats, never used aux conditioning

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,398 Posts
Only thing left to check are tyre pressures and maybe try pushing them up a couple of PSI above book pressure. I think there is something up with yours perhaps.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Try a long drive from fully charged at 60mph, what efficiency does it then claim? I would not like to have to rapid charge it on standard 50kW chargers where you are getting 2.5m/kWh, or 2 miles per minute.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m not being stupid here though am I? 40kwh/100mile average should give a range of at least 150 right? In car it’s showing around 2.5 miles/kWh average long term, 2.7 miles/kWh short term.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,605 Posts
I’m not being stupid here though am I? 40kwh/100mile average should give a range of at least 150 right? In car it’s showing around 2.5 miles/kWh average long term, 2.7 miles/kWh short term.
Sounds about right, from Tesla Bjorn’s test drives.

I take it you’ve not left the sea anchor dragging?

·
Registered
204 Posts
The pictures in the OP are in kWh/100 miles. 37.3kWh/100 miles is 23.2kWh/100km. With a usable battery of 64.7kWh that equates to a range (theroretical) of 173 miles which sounds about right to me. As for actual battery percentage I believe you can get this with OBD11 dongle.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
855 Posts
You are, of course, right @Gee Tulp Eee - this does suggest you have a battery fault. I know there have been some cases of a single bad cell causing this kind of behaviour. Fortunately, they can be swapped out.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,605 Posts
Results from Tesla Bjorn range test:

90 km/h, 56 mph: 370 km, 230 mi, 225 Wh/km, 362 Wh/mi

120 km/h, 75 mph: 270 km, 168 mi, 308 Wh/km, 496 Wh/mi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks sincerely for all the prompt responses guys, very much appreciated. I’ll update once I know a bit more or have a resolution.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,950 Posts
11 miles in 31 mins?

Is that a lot of stop/start heavy traffic stuff?

You need to take it out for a long steady run and let the BMS take a bit of time to get its head around things.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It’s a mix of driving conditions but no real city driving, suburban, a road, mway always within speed limits. No significant traffic encounters yet

1 - 20 of 74 Posts