Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I ordered start of april this year through salary sacrafice after having to cancel my first 2 orders due to audi
spec changes.

Estimated delivery times got delayed through the summer to late october -to be expected in the current climate.

Yesterday I recieved an email to say launch edition no longer available but I would have the vorsprung built for me but I would have to do a new order. this would be locked in at my orginal price (goverment grant and before prices went up)

I thought the worse and that my order would have to start again and be 16-18 weeks but after phoning the salary sacrafice company I was told that it wouldnt be a new order and the supplying dealer had told them the build week was wk 38 mid september .

Ive just had an updated email to say the car is on its way to the dealer so late october looks good.:)

I have had contact with the supplying delaer months ago but they never replied to me when asking about build weeks and how I could monitor it on the audi website and also the home charger process.Communication could have been better but hey ho its looking good I honestly thought I would be lucky to see it before santa!

Anyway my question is the vorsprung a better deal than the launch edition from what I can see/remember I get bigger 22" wheels/HUD/Orange calipers(they where no longer available hence why I had to reorder)/power doors?/ 4 zone climate/and I think some kind of drive assistance pack.

Ive been told its an upgrade at the same price as my orginal order.

the OTR price does seem to be about £5k more

first post
cheers

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
842 Posts
Vorsprung comes with basically everything as standard. I don't remember the launch edition spec off hand, but I think the Vorsprung comes with more stuff, including 22" wheels over the 21" wheels of the launch edition.

·
Registered
Audi E-Tron - Launch Edition
36 Posts
Vorsprung comes with basically everything as standard. I don't remember the launch edition spec off hand, but I think the Vorsprung comes with more stuff, including 22" wheels over the 21" wheels of the launch edition.
Correct, in terms of equipment the Launch edition has everything bar '4 zone climate', power doors, B&O stereo and acoustic glazing but all the assistance packages etc are standard (although, I must admit I've barely had much use for them).

You've got yourself quite a few free upgrades it would seem! So that's fairly lucky, though I'm always scared about kerbing the 21" wheels, which I know a few colleagues don't have to worry as their 19" wheels have sufficient rubber to hit the kerb before the alloy.

Best of luck, sounds like you've got very lucky there which is impressive for extra 'car' without the additional cost.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
842 Posts
... I'm always scared about kerbing the 21" wheels, which I know a few colleagues don't have to worry as their 19" wheels have sufficient rubber to hit the kerb before the alloy.
I didn't realise any E-Trons came with 19s. My Technik is running on 20s with quite a lot of sidewall. Great for comfort and kerbs!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also ordered a launch edition, mine is a sportback with nhs fleet solutions and I’m expecting it in November I didn’t realise the launch edition wasn’t available now it is still showing on the Configurator I’m a little confused?
Enjoy your vorsprung by the way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Toby

I think the OP is referring to the eTron SUV. The Sportback still has Launch edition as it’s newer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh normal suv

my tusker account now shows a chassis number so surely can't be too long but dealer not returning messages as I want the home charger install started

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve gone through Tusker too. Is it Hatfield Audi they used for you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts