Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for info,

Had an etron on order for about two months, build date was due by now, first week of November. Estimated delivery was mid January

Audi called today, new date for build date is end of February, so, guessing 3 months delay and I'm betting it's nearer 5.

If true, the problem is with all cars specifying adaptive cruise / collision avoidance.

Unfortunate, but bit relaxed about it., getting offers of stand in vehicle ( and there's always tesla. )

·
Registered
117 Posts
I made my order at the end of September. I rang my salesman and he said that my order is still in the holding pool. I queried how long does it normally take to move from the holding pool to a build date after you pay your deposit and he said normally 24 hours. He did tell me that Audi were supposed to give each e-tron centre two cars, one for test drives and another for display. So Audi have to build those cars first.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was told in September it was supposed to be this month. But surely with cars already being built for customers in Germany that the car can be built. I do admit I do have adaptive cruise in my order.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
If LHD demand is above forecast it's not uncommon for manufacturers to delay the disruption of introducing RHD. I'd wager that the reason is short term profit optimisation.

·
Super Moderator
7,503 Posts
If LHD demand is above forecast it's not uncommon for manufacturers to delay the disruption of introducing RHD. I'd wager that the reason is short term profit optimisation.
Or if they are having some sort of production/software/integration problems it makes sense to fix those first. Although if that's the case it must be a serious problem as I'm sure an automaker as established as Audi has plenty of contingency in their product release plans. There again, would people be so interested in the EXACT release date of a facelifted A3?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts