Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is 30 October pool info and it is an interesting time!

Ford rebuff Renault's advance and woo Volvo to hitch up! Will anyone now shack up with lonely Renault now Ford has spurned them? Meanwhile, Honda has got in bed with Tesla and Fiat. It is like an episode of Love Island - or so I am told 馃槈

What are JLR doing to do? They can't possibly have sold enough iPace or PHEVs yet to get below limit, so the stonking deals on PCH may have to get even better?

Attachments

Reactions: booms

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
Very interesting.

I see that VAG have SAIC/MG on their team. Explains all the deals for the ZS.

JLR are probably counting on the iPace, so I鈥檇 expect to see some good deals on this next year.

Renault are balancing the books nicely from what I understand and maybe making money on their ZE vehicles.

Registered
Nissan LEAF30
The German subsidies are doing well for Renault. How are Ford getting away with it?

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
The German subsidies are doing well for Renault. How are Ford getting away with it?
Maybe they鈥檙e just sucking up the fines? It does make me wonder.

Pinning their hopes on the Mustang?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Maybe they鈥檙e just sucking up the fines? It does make me wonder.

Pinning their hopes on the Mustang?
Mustand won't be here in 2020, so Ford are banking on Volvo bringing the Pool below or close to limit. Unofficial reports are that Ford were only 1.5g above limit, which I found surprising.

It seems end of October was last opportunity to create a Pool but OEMs can join until end of year. I have attached latest FAQ I can find.

Attachments

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
Unofficial reports are that Ford were only 1.5g above limit, which I found surprising.
They sell lots of boring cars and only a few FocusRS type cars.

They have good engine guys and a bunch of hybrids rolling out.

It's really only a stretch for the OEMs who've doubled down on SUVs and high performance cars.

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
It's really only a stretch for the OEMs who've doubled down on SUVs and high performance cars.
Large SUV-s are under different supercredits. Actually selling more SUV-s is helping the OEMs.

Registered
Very interesting.

JLR are probably counting on the iPace, so I鈥檇 expect to see some good deals on this next year.

Renault are balancing the books nicely from what I understand and maybe making money on their ZE vehicles.
It also explains whacking out ID3s with the crust not fully cooked too. Sell it, reap the credit, manage the fallout.

Amazing what a sharp pointed goad can achieve.

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020

Registered
Very interesting.

With the UK leaving the EU next/this year/already left but not sorted it out yet, will there be any good EV deals next year? Will cars sold in the UK still count for the emissions credits? If not I can see a smaller supply of EVs than demanded.

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
With the UK leaving the EU next/this year/already left but not sorted it out yet, will there be any good EV deals next year? Will cars sold in the UK still count for the emissions credits? If not I can see a smaller supply of EVs than demanded.
UK is already out of EU and it doesn't count towards EU Fleet Emissions.
And your guess seems reasonable for lots of reasons.

Registered
Renault Zoe 50

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
Why not?

that鈥檚 not correct. We are still in these regs under the transition arrangements until the end of 2020.....
The UK doesn't count toward the EU Emissions targets anymore (UK left the EU at 11 p.m. GMT on 31 January 2020). The UK can choose to apply the same limits and fleet emission targets as the EU, but that doesn't mean that the EU cares about it.

So, unless you can tell me exactly how each car manufacturer is performing in the UK, you have no basis for any claim either way.

As the EU Fleet emissions is a huge thing in Europe, there are performance trackers released monthly. I haven't been able to find any system or public record of this for the UK. So it will be quite surprising at the end of the year when car manufacturers start getting fines from the UK....

Registered
The UK doesn't count toward the EU Emissions targets anymore (UK left the EU at 11 p.m. GMT on 31 January 2020). The UK can choose to apply the same limits and fleet emission targets as the EU, but that doesn't mean that the EU cares about it.

So, unless you can tell me exactly how each car manufacturer is performing in the UK, you have no basis for any claim either way.

As the EU Fleet emissions is a huge thing in Europe, there are performance trackers released monthly. I haven't been able to find any system or public record of this for the UK. So it will be quite surprising at the end of the year when car manufacturers start getting fines from the UK....
Perhaps have a read yourself here CO2 emission performance standards for new passenger cars and light commercial vehicles

B19BB9E3-B16D-421D-97B7-A92EB8F4DE43.jpeg

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #19
The UK doesn't count toward the EU Emissions targets anymore (UK left the EU at 11 p.m. GMT on 31 January 2020)
At @Bullterrier shows above, UK sales are included in EU emissions for 2020 (during transition) and is why (with BIK at zero) many OEMs are making a lot of sales efforts here. It is far easier to sell BEVs here than in (say) Spain due to much better acceptance and public charging infrastructure.

Next year I guess there is a risk that OEMs will focus sales on EU countries if they become production constrained? Also, 2021 will be even harder for them as BEV Supercredits drop from a 2.0 multiplier to just 1.66.

Registered
At @Bullterrier shows above, UK sales are included in EU emissions for 2020 (during transition) and is why (with BIK at zero) many OEMs are making a lot of sales efforts here. It is far easier to sell BEVs here than in (say) Spain due to much better acceptance and public charging infrastructure.

Next year I guess there is a risk that OEMs will focus sales on EU countries if they become production constrained? Also, 2021 will be even harder for them as BEV Supercredits drop from a 2.0 multiplier to just 1.66.
So it makes a lot of sense for pool members to max the RHD already produced stock sales here before Christmas....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts