Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I signed up to both of these today after reading the AA website advice on charging in mainland Europe. I already have a Fastned account since my last visit to Muxsan but we are planning a trip to France,Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany for August. Incidentally that is a brilliant page to summarise the requirements on apps and accounts for planning.

Charging Around Europe In An Electric Vehicle | AA

New Motion sign up through the European app didn't really work but it did through the shell recharge UK one and my login appears to be good for both now.

The EinfachStromLaden app is less obvious for UK residents as it is in German and the option you want is Vereinigtes Königreich. If you would rather do it all in English you can go to and have google translate make it easier.(thanks to Alessandro below and my friend Tim for pointing this out)
https://anmeldung.einfachstromladen.de/
which will allow a UK resident to get an account, then go back to the app and resume filling out your details with your new login. It even lets you create a non-standard EV if yours isn't in the drop down menus. This was important for me since Muxsan extenders are not really mainstream and i didn't want the charger to terminate early but i also didn't want to have to lie about it being a leaf 40 kWh.

I am led to believe that a charge rfid card is sent to you from both New Motion and Maingau which is actually my preference. One card to rule them all would be preferred but I am happier with several cards in the event my phone signal is rubbish/runs out of credit/battery/ is just generally giving me a hard time.

Planning on using the Eurostar as it works out about a 3rd of the price of the boat and i'm not even sure about how ferry companies are coping. I believe you don't even leave the car on the chunnel so pretty good where limiting exposure to people and Covid is concerned.

Hope this is useful to others, also i had no issues using my Mastercard on either of these apps as others have seems to had on another forum post i saw today when i was having signup problems.

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes my friend Tim just told me this too, I was looking for großbritannien, I stand totally corrected and will amend to opening post to avoid further embarrassment/make it a bit clearer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts