Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
If it directly came across that would be £18,765 before the £3,500 from the government. Interesting.

However these prices tend to creep up in the UK from what a direct Euro to Pound calculation suggests.

This suggests £15000 as well. I find that hard to believe. A 160 mile range car for £15k, what would that do to the 2nd hand market of Zoe/Leaf for those just looking for a commuter? Wow!

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
About time these cheap city cars were cheap. The zoe is over priced for what it is. A forced £10k haircut is needed. Build quality really isn't sufficient to justify the high price tag on the older Zoe.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
The e-up is currently being quoted as north of 20k though isnt it? That's a lot of money for a badge

I hope they're using the pre-PICG my2018 price as the German price for my2020 is below €22k.
No UK pricing has been announced yet.

EDIT: Apparently, they aren't using the my2018 price, just sticking a finger in the air. As the ICE pricing is only around £1500 different instead of £5k, I'll wait for definitive pricing before I decide.

* my = model year

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
I think what everybody is forgetting that any U.K. importer adds the PICG to the RRP before they set their pricing.

I’d expect the U.K. RRP will be;

Price in € + a bit (for Brexit) converted to £ + the PiCG = price before PICG...

So, my guess would be nearer £19k after the PICG.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,090 Posts
Talking to myself......but can I still just go over there and buy one? At least until Haloween!
In theory yes, but in practice you will find reluctant dealers without Czech ID and an address. The EU runs a complaints line if people find cross-border purchases made difficult. Good luck with that one.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,090 Posts
Bearing in mind krounas were around 35 to the pound a few years ago before 'the' referendum, that would have made them around £12k.

Whether we can or can't buy them at that price now in the UK at least, due to exchange rate/Brexit nonsense, the point is that such EVs are being made in that price range.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Talk of orders being taken from this week in Germany (page translated via Google)

CITIGO e iV: Start of order for the first ŠKODA electric battery
From Friday, customers will be able to order the CITIGO eV , with the trade premiere in early 2020. A 61 kW electric motor will be powered by a 60 Ah lithium-ion battery Energy content of 36.8 kWh. It allows a practical range of 260 kilometers (3), In Germany, the CITIGO e IV is available as an attractive leasing offer from 145 euros per month. The contract runs for three years and covers an annual mileage of 10,000 kilometers (2) . The purchase price is 20,950 euros. After deduction of the ŠKODA environmental bonus and the state subsidy to be applied for, the price is reduced to 16,570 euros.

All information on equipment details as well as engine and transmission options of the new ŠKODA models are available on the ŠKODA online media portal www.skoda-media.de .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That would be £18,500 at today's exchange rate, before subsidy - or £15,000 after, i'm fairly sure it will be more than that in the UK but we can live in hope. Hot cakes come to mind.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Was messing about on a German leasing page........ #workbored :p

24 month lease, no deposit, 10k miles/year, 153 euros per month!!

Probably the most interesting bit.... deployment time - 5 months!! So maybe February at the earliest in Germany? Wondering if later here?

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Was messing about on a German leasing page........ #workbored

Probably the most interesting bit.... deployment time - 5 months!! So maybe February at the earliest in Germany? Wondering if later here?

View attachment 123229
At that price I'll have two, one for me and one for the children. They spend half of that on petrol each month.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Was messing about on a German leasing page........ #workbored :p

View attachment 123229
10k km not miles........but still amazing. I can’t see them making RHD anytime soon unfortunately

21 - 40 of 46 Posts