Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking for a little advice / help if at all possible.

We have some 40 second radio adverts coming up, that I would like your input into.

These adverts are not advertising nuWorld Energy, but our event this coming weekend that we are sponsoring. The event is aimed at getting non EV owners to consider an EV.

If you had 30 seconds to sell EV ownership to radio listeners, how would you do it, what would you focus on and can you give a quick script example.

The aim is to get them thinking and then want to attend to see what it is all about.

If we run with a particular script, I am sure we can do a bit of a prize as a thank you.

Regards

Mark

·
Leaf lover
4,941 Posts
My script. Not sure if my figures are factual as I really do not worry about such details.

What did it cost the last time you put fuel in your car? Under £50?, or over £50?
I don’t tend to give much thought to what it is costing me, I just plug-in when my car is on the drive.
Of course it is obviously something but it’s hidden in my electricity bill and works out at about to about 2p per mile.
Or roughly a fifth of what it’s costing you if your car is really frugal and you drive sensibly.
I drive a lovely blue Nissan Leaf. 100% Electric. Zero Emissions.
But driving electric is so much more than what it costs.
It’s smooth effortless driving.
Fully automatic, and quiet.
Lots of fun and ….
Stress free.
That’s me.
Ask for a test drive in a plug-in vehicle today and see what you're missing in your motoring.

·
Registered
538 Posts
A quick sound -bite recording of driving in a noisy diesel car from start off on a cold morning, versus the nice quiet serene interior of an EV ??

Something I don't think is advertised enough is the quality of the driving experience of a modern EV compared to even a pretty advanced / luxurious ICE car.

Oh and the added benefit of what you'd do with 2k in your back pocket every year.

Alternatively you could go 'political' and have a load of sound bites of the noises involved with getting fuel into your car, - drilling - refineries - trucks transporting fuel - fighting in the Middle East - political statements, then have the noisy diesel car starting up and driving away add the strapline - 'Do you know the true cost of fuelling up your car??'
After all that 'drama' just have the nice quiet EV pulling away and ask the audience which they prefer?
Just some ideas..

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anybody any good with making a quick video?
Have one of our radio adverts back, that is very general that I would like a quick video, with perhaps a slideshow of different EV's, etc?

Any Ideas???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts