Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I've been considering an EV for a number of years now but have always resisted, based on range. However, new releases are coming out with increasing ranges so I am no longer limited but still have a couple of outstanding questions you guys may be able to help with.

Question 1
Living in London my car use is pretty sporadic and the car can often be sat for a couple of weeks without moving.

If the car is fully charged, does it drain over time or will it remain fully charged?

Question 2
I do not have a drive so am wondering what options I have to either run a cable out of my home (and across the pavement) or can I ask the council to install a power supply point on my road (and if so does anyone have experience of how this works and if that then becomes your parking bay?)

Thanks

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,765 Posts
Depends on the car - something like a Leaf or Zoe won’t lose much sitting around. Indeed we used to charge our old 22 kW Zoe once a week in London and used it every day.

Have a look at Ubitricity for lamp post or roadside charging schemes.

What is your expected weekly mileage?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on the car - something like a Leaf or Zoe won’t lose much sitting around. Indeed we used to charge our old 22 kW Zoe once a week in London and used it every day.

Have a look at Ubitricity for lamp post or roadside charging schemes.

What is your expected weekly mileage?
Mileage is one of my problems with deciding if I can shift to EV now.

My current car is almost 2 years old and only has 6000 miles on it.
I travel from London to Bath about once a month but in a general week I would probably drive about 50 miles but mostly over the weekend, rather than every day.

I'll definitely check out the Ubitricty website though so thanks for the hint.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not sure buying an EV makes sense for you.
Can you join a car share club ?

Your mileage is so low that you'll never get the benefit of cheap costs per mile and you have no place to charge either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts