Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Morning Everyone,

We are a family run business that prides ourselves on customer service and reliability.

All the charge points provided by us are eligible for:

✅ The OLEV grant of £350
✅ Energy Saving Trust (EST) grant of £300 applicable to Scottish residents.

❗❗Scottish Residents❗❗You will pay our quoted price but after installation, you will receive £300 grant funding from EST directly to your account.

🧨🧨Exclusive pricing for SPEAKEV members. Just quote SPEAKEV20 🧨🧨

For the following TETHERED chargepoints supplied and installed :

🔵 OHME intelligent wall charger - £600
🔴 Mini Pro by EO - £700
⚫ Zappi v2 - £750

Visit us on EV Home Charge Install Home - EV Home Charge Install

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,

We are a family run business that prides ourselves on customer service and reliability.

All the charge points provided by us are eligible for:

✅ The OLEV grant of £350
✅ Energy Saving Trust (EST) grant of £300 applicable to Scottish residents.

❗❗Scottish Residents❗❗You will pay our quoted price but after installation, you will receive £300 grant funding from EST directly to your account.

🧨🧨Exclusive pricing for SPEAKEV members. Just quote SPEAKEV20 🧨🧨

For the following TETHERED chargepoints supplied and installed :

🔵 OHME intelligent wall charger - £600
🔴 Mini Pro by EO - £700
⚫ Zappi v2 - £750

Visit us on EV Home Charge Install Home - EV Home Charge Install
In the interests of transparency, I would like a charger installed at my holiday house at John of Groats and my mother in law whose house is in Lands End, also needs one. Can you cover both locations?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the interests of transparency, I would like a charger installed at my holiday house at John of Groats and my mother in law whose house is in Lands End, also needs one. Can you cover both locations?
Good Afternoon, our head office is based just outside of Edinburgh, so naturally we have a comprehensive and trusted network of installers within Scotland. We have developed relationships with several installers within England also, however at this time unfortunately due to the geographical location of our engineers, we are unable to service Lands End.

With regards to your holiday home in John O' Groats, in order to use the OLEV grant you would need to fulfil the following criteria;

"The customer’s designated private off-street parking must be associated to the property of the customer (i.e. the installation address). Where the link between the off-street parking and the customer’s property is unclear, we may require additional evidence such as the customer’s property records (e.g. the property’s land registry) and/or evidence from the customer’s local authority. Where the link between the customer and the property of the customer (i.e. installation address) is unclear, we may require additional supporting evidence (e.g. a utility bill)."

If you already have an EV chargepoint installed in your name at your main residence, a second chargepoint can only be claimed if you can evidence keepership of two eligible electric vehicles.

We would also offer a supply only - if you wanted to arrange your own installation in Lands End?

I hope this helps, Thanks.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Good Afternoon, our head office is based just outside of Edinburgh, so naturally we have a comprehensive and trusted network of installers within Scotland. We have developed relationships with several installers within England also, however at this time unfortunately due to the geographical location of our engineers, we are unable to service Lands End.

With regards to your holiday home in John O' Groats, in order to use the OLEV grant you would need to fulfil the following criteria;

"The customer’s designated private off-street parking must be associated to the property of the customer (i.e. the installation address). Where the link between the off-street parking and the customer’s property is unclear, we may require additional evidence such as the customer’s property records (e.g. the property’s land registry) and/or evidence from the customer’s local authority. Where the link between the customer and the property of the customer (i.e. installation address) is unclear, we may require additional supporting evidence (e.g. a utility bill)."

If you already have an EV chargepoint installed in your name at your main residence, a second chargepoint can only be claimed if you can evidence keepership of two eligible electric vehicles.

We would also offer a supply only - if you wanted to arrange your own installation in Lands End?

I hope this helps, Thanks.
That's very comprehensive.
Would the installer for the John O Groats location be your subcontractor or my contractor?
Do you organise the DNO survey if there is any doubt as to the cutout rating and utilisation?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The installer would be our subcontractor. All our subcontractors have been authorised to install electric vehicle charge points at residential properties under the EVHS by OLEV. Installers manage the installation of a chargepoint at your residence and are responsible for meeting the terms and conditions of the scheme when applying for the applicable grants (EST & OLEV).

EV Home Charge install ltd has been authorised to sub-contract to installers the installation of chargepoints under the EVHS by OLEV. Our company remains wholly responsible for ensuring that the installers abides by all of the terms and conditions of the EVHS scheme.

As you are probably aware, all EV charge point installers must notify the DNO of the charger installation. Different DNOs have different processes, so the response and timescale for installation could vary. Being based in John O Groats this will be SSE. Unfortunately, we do not have direct influence over SSE's speed of response.

During our initial survey, if the maximum demand is likely to outstrip the supply at your property, then some chargers can be "de-rated" (such as the Ohme) which means they will use less power - for example 16 Amps instead of 32. In most cases, this means the installation can safely go ahead until your DNO has upgraded your supply and your charger can be returned to full power.

If your supply is not currently 'adequate' your installer will contact SSE by phone to request a 'supply upgrade'. The installer will also contact SSE if there are concerns over maximum demand or the cut-out. SSE may wish to carry out works at your property, such as an upgrade. Any delay in the installation approval from SSE is in addition to our quoted lead times, if you were to go ahead.

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts