Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
509 Posts
It does look a little smaller than my EO Mini Pro. Not by much. And the EO is somewhat cramped inside already .. all for the good, if it's reliable.

"Please note this unit does not require Additional Protection on Domestic single phase TNC-S Earthing Systems."

Have they integrated ALL the necessary DC voltage leakage protection too?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is what initially attracted me to this - it seems to take the EO Mini Pro and make it the perfect package by including that earthing protection

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
509 Posts
And coincidentally makes the Zappi look like a massive plastic mistake. (or the ridiculously large BMW i wallbox too)

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I know modern houses are pretty small, but does a few inches really make any difference in most locations?

I'd rather see some colour choices that blend with the wall or house than be 'sold' the smallest box (with a presumably very cramped interior).

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
509 Posts
No not that the exact dimensions matter that much I woudln't say, but the inclusion of all the right RCDs in one box means you get to easily save ~£200 compared to trying to use the next smallest, so for me I'd say that was a good enough reason to choose it. And I'm sure you can always paint it .. ! :)
(Or you have to be lucky enough to have your install in a location where it's trivial to install an earth rod.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts