Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after taking delivery of my second EV I had to download a few more apps and now I have a full phone screen devoted to "EV stuff":

Anyone else find it a little ridiculous that it takes 12+ apps to ensure my bases are covered when it comes to charging?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I can beat you there...I'm on 29 apps. Can't say that I use them all, but I did have a reason to download them all at some point, even if it was just researching foreign trips or similar.

By the way - one that I would add to your collection is InstaVolt (using my m87p6 referral code for a £5 charge of course 😉) - by far the most reliable and nearly always installed in multiples of two units so that the risk of waiting is much lower.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Leaf Acenta 30kWh
21 Posts
Shortly after taking delivery of my second EV I had to download a few more apps and now I have a full phone screen devoted to "EV stuff":
View attachment 142665

Anyone else find it a little ridiculous that it takes 12+ apps to ensure my bases are covered when it comes to charging?
While the number of apps is ridiculous, what's worse is that they are all so awful. I can't believe how unreliable and hard to use they all are.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Leaf Acenta 30kWh
21 Posts
To be fair I have a Leaf, which comes with one of the worst apps ever made. I haven't used Pod point, but I've battled with BP Pulse regularly. CYC just doesn't work. Genie point was flaky but worked. The Shell app is a joke, you can't actually use it to charge your car, all you can do with it is activate a card that has been posted to you! As I found out while standing at a charge point...

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
This is definitely a criticism that I've heard from EV naysayers. How many apps do/did you have to get a tank of petrol? Closest I have is the Nectar card app.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That fairy is probably more use for getting a charge than some of those apps. I'm sure a lot of people have wished for a bit of magic at times :)
Heh, that's my daughter. I honestly forgot she was my phone background!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,129 Posts
Protip - See if your phone OS allows for "app drawers" or similar.
On my elderly Oneplus 6T, if I drag one app on top of another, it creates a sub-folder that takes only one space on my home screen, and allows me to rename it to something useful like "Car".

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Protip - See if your phone OS allows for "app drawers" or similar.
On my elderly Oneplus 6T, if I drag one app on top of another, it creates a sub-folder that takes only one space on my home screen, and allows me to rename it to something useful like "Car".
Oh it does, I just don't use them very often. Maybe I will now though...

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,167 Posts
Na, wasup grandad. Apps is the way to go

🤡:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
612 Posts
As annoying as the proliferation of crap apps, that you may only use a couple of times a year, is the fact that when you do come to use it, it will have logged you out!

I'm going on a long trip tomorrow. Right now, I'm going through my app folder, checking I'm logged in to them all, that the payment card is up to date, that I've agreed to any new T&Cs, and that I can remember what half of them are calling themselves this week!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts