Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, only just registered and apologies in advance if there is already multiple threads re the above.

Off to Brittany via Cherbourg in August & was just looking for the latest updates/tips on charging on the way in France - apps required/RFID etc, or can you just pay using card/Apple Pay as per the UK - Also heard Lidl's are good but wasn't sure how up to date the info was.

I've an XC40 Recharge Twin Pro but not listed when choosing EV from the drop down list when creating profile.

Thanks in advance! :unsure:

·
Registered
Volvo XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro
37 Posts
There is a good Ionity network on the autoroutes. They accept the Plugsurfing card that came with the Volvo and give half price if you use the card. Can also use the Ionity app but that will charge you full price.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You probably aren't impacted where you are going, but I noticed on a route I planned past Rouen that there was a clean air zone (as in Paris (?) and elsewhere ) where you need to show a Crit'Air sticker. Easy enough to do online and cost just over €4 including postage.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
1,024 Posts
Most villages and towns in Brittany have a 22kW charge point. Many are free. I use ChargeMap to locate them and find which accounts and RFID cards they accept.

On our last trip to Normandy and Brittany we only used our Octopus Electric Juice card. They have agreements with a number of charging aggregators on the continent and it gives good coverage. Their map is at Electric Juice map.

I'd recommend having at least one RFID card.

You'll find lots more advice if you search SpeakEV for "charge france".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most villages and towns in Brittany have a 22kW charge point. Many are free. I use ChargeMap to locate them and find which accounts and RFID cards they accept.

On our last trip to Normandy and Brittany we only used our Octopus Electric Juice card. They have agreements with a number of charging aggregators on the continent and it gives good coverage. Their map is at Electric Juice map.

I'd recommend having at least one RFID card.

You'll find lots more advice if you search SpeakEV for "charge france".
Doh ! Should have tried that first :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts