Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20201001_221756.jpg
I am thinking of buying a 2020 Bolt ev. I have access to an ev changing station. Can anyone tell me how long it might take to charge the Bolt based on these specs, 120/208Y, 120/240v, 2x30A - 60hz.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
About 8-9 hours for a full 0-100% charge, assuming it's running at 208 or 240v. If it's running 120 you can double that time.

Take a look on Plugshare and look for DC Fast chargers in your area that you could also rely on should you ever need a quick top up too. If the chargepoint you have access to is public it may be on Plugshare, where someone will have hopefully mentioned the actual charging speed of this.

Remember the quoted time above is only for 0-100% - I imagine you're not driving the full range of that car every single day. It'll generally just be a hour or two of charging after an average person's daily use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 8-9 hours for a full 0-100% charge, assuming it's running at 208 or 240v. If it's running 120 you can double that time.

Take a look on Plugshare and look for DC Fast chargers in your area that you could also rely on should you ever need a quick top up too. If the chargepoint you have access to is public it may be on Plugshare, where someone will have hopefully mentioned the actual charging speed of this.

Remember the quoted time above is only for 0-100% - I imagine you're not driving the full range of that car every single day. It'll generally just be a hour or two of charging after an average person's daily use.
Wow, thank u so much. As an employee I can charge for a year for only $30.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts