Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Leaf lover
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I quite like the idea of night-time road racing electric vehicles on city centre circuits.
This one is Norwich A147 based
St. Crispins Rd. clockwise
Barrack St., Anchor Close, Bishops Bridge Rd., Koblenz Ave., Wherry Rd., King Street, Bracondale
Queens Rd., Brazen Gate,Barn Rd.
4.2 miles long and looks interesting.
Whether the good people of Norwich would want a EV race I have no idea.
Any other cities look good?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
To arrange a legal road race would be an absolute logistical nightmare surely, fun as it may be?

Anything else (ie street racing) is one of the few things not open for discussion on here, anything "race" that's not on a track is not permitted.

·
Leaf lover
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To arrange a legal road race would be an absolute logistical nightmare surely, fun as it may be?

Anything else (ie street racing) is one of the few things not open for discussion on here, anything "race" that's not on a track is not permitted.
I agree Paul. This post was in reaction to Chris Evans (radio2) and making a little bit of fun of the London EV race.
But I consider a city wanting to promote itself and electric cars in what could be an enjoyable event, clean and relatively quiet, and I felt, exciting at night, and worth considering. I visualise such an event more as showcasing cars that you can purchase right now.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I quite like the idea of night-time road racing electric vehicles on city centre circuits.
This one is Norwich A147 based
St. Crispins Rd. clockwise
Barrack St., Anchor Close, Bishops Bridge Rd., Koblenz Ave., Wherry Rd., King Street, Bracondale
Queens Rd., Brazen Gate,Barn Rd.
4.2 miles long and looks interesting.
Whether the good people of Norwich would want a EV race I have no idea.
Any other cities look good?
Would the speed limit be revoked for the occasion? I live in Norwich and want to take part. I feel sure you can see 100 mph on the dial of a Leaf on the Southern Bypass ( don't ask why I think that)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I believe that there are only two races in the UK which are legal and on the public highway, both in Scotland. You currently need legislation to allow a road race (although this may change in the future).

·
Super Moderator
11,844 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts

There was a change in the law last year, so one could apply for permission...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts