Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason the EV Connect app stopped working for me a few days ago. Now, I know it's just relentlessly crap on any given day, but what makes me suspicious is that my leaf has just come out of the standard 3 year warranty.
Is the app expected to work after the warranty has expired? I tweeted at nissanUK but got nowhere.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,697 Posts
Don't tweet - they're a waste of time.

Contact customer services... it's initially a 3-year subscription but when I had to renew it their system just didn't work, I had to go through customer services and argue with them to extend it.

When they mentioned they were "still determining pricing" (as if they could ever charge!) I bombarded them with the fact that it is downright useless most of the time, and the fact that it was sold to me as a part of the car when I bought it and no subscription was mentioned anywhere in the terms I agreed to, and eventually they gave me a three year extension.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
My car is out of warranty & the EV connect app not working hasn't become a problem for me, because it never ****ing worked in the first place :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aha! spoke to a surprisingly helpful customer service person - and indeed my subscription has ended. She advised me on the process (i'll paste it below) to renew and specifically stated that I should NOT renew for 36 months but 12 months as there's a glitch with the 36 month subscription. They are all free.

Here's the email they sent me after the conversation (it worked for me):

(1) Log into You+Nissan account:

⦁ Go to You+Nissan Nissan website: YouPlus - Nissan Ownership - Owners Area | Nissan
⦁ Enter email address and password
⦁ Click "Sign In" button

(2) Activate subscription:

⦁ If not on subscription page already, click button for vehicle's profile page
⦁ Scroll down and click "Connect"
⦁ New tab will open in browser
⦁ Go to this tab to go to subscription page
⦁ If on subscription page, check if there is green text that says "Active", subscription already actived (so do not do the below); otherwise, do the below:
⦁ Click "Select" on a subscription
⦁ Click "Subscribe"
⦁ Confirm you wish to subscribe in the pop up that appears

(3) Log into NissanConnect EV app:

⦁ If not already done, download NissanConnect EV app on an iPhone or Android smartphone
⦁ Log into app using You+Nissan account’s email address and password
⦁ Please note that currently there are delay issues with battery status updates with the current app versions
⦁ Until this is resolved, if difficulties experienced with battery status updates, please do the following:
⦁ Log into app
⦁ Wait for spinning "update" animation to stop
⦁ Wait 5 minutes after stopped
⦁ Then touch "update" button to update battery status

(4) Lastly, if you can't complete a step successfully or get an error message, for me to further assist, I need the below:

⦁ Email address in You+Nissan account
⦁ Screenshot of any error message or step where difficulty occurs
⦁ Date/time of last occurence of issue

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,697 Posts
Aha! spoke to a surprisingly helpful customer service person - and indeed my subscription has ended. She advised me on the process (i'll paste it below) to renew and specifically stated that I should NOT renew for 36 months but 12 months as there's a glitch with the 36 month subscription. They are all free.

⦁ Go to You+Nissan Nissan website: YouPlus - Nissan Ownership - Owners Area | Nissan
⦁ Click "Sign In" button

⦁ If on subscription page, check if there is green text that says "Active", subscription already actived (so do not do the below); otherwise, do the below:
⦁ Click "Subscribe"

⦁ If not already done, download NissanConnect EV app on an iPhone or Android smartphone
⦁ Please note that currently there are delay issues with battery status updates with the current app versions
⦁ Until this is resolved, if difficulties experienced with battery status updates, please do the following:
⦁ Log into app

(4) Lastly, if you can't complete a step successfully or get an error message, for me to further assist, I need the below:

Did doing that work!? If so they've actually done something since last year amazingly! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts

⦁ Click "Sign In" button

⦁ Click "Subscribe"

⦁ Log into app

THIS is possibly the most helpful post I have read on ANY forum! I followed the steps and, bingo, back connected.

Thanks so much, Jan T!

And Mods, how about sticking Jan T's post at the top of the forum with a heading along the lines of 'How to reconnect Nissan Connect by renewing your (free) subscription.' ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Jan - that worked for me too - The Nissan EV app's been off for me for three weeks - After reading your post, I realised that I've owned my Leaf 30 for exactly a year - so it seems my subscription had indeed expired at the 12 Month point (Why on earth don't they tell you about this when you first set the thing up (A nightmare in itself if you have bought a used Leaf and the previous owner didn't unsubscribe, believe me!!) Anyway, I followed your advice and its working now - (and I selected the 36 month option too!) So, thanks for posting this it's been very helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For some reason the EV Connect app stopped working for me a few days ago. Now, I know it's just relentlessly crap on any given day, but what makes me suspicious is that my leaf has just come out of the standard 3 year warranty.
Is the app expected to work after the warranty has expired? I tweeted at nissanUK but got nowhere.
Forget about tweeting! Customer Service is pretty dire regarding EV side of things (IMHO) Anyway, I think it does expire - since I bought a 2016 Leaf last year. The app stopped working almost 12 months since (on its purchase anniversary). There’s nothing to indicate that the app will “expire” but you can easily renew the subscription - I’ve just renewed mine and selected the three year option, which worked without further issue and my smartphone app has come back to life again. Hoorah - it’s a shame the app itself didn’t give an indication the subscription had expired - it would make it easy for me (and many others) to resolve if it had!

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's been almost completely useless for me. It shows the SoC and nothing else. I won't miss it when it eventually stops working altogether.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts