Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I am currently writing my final dissertation where the topic is: Electric cars – An investigation to understand their impact on the environment and their perception by potential customers. The aim of this study is to examine the electric car industry's sustainability and how the public perceives its future.

I am posting this thread in the hope that 2 or 3 of you (EV owners) would accept a 20 to 30 minute Skype interview to answer my questions. If you wish to have the questions handed over to you prior to being interviewed, please let me know.

An access letter will have to be signed by participants if you wish to proceed.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas 🙂

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Suspect there is a massive conflict between the PER SE electric car industries sustainability AND public perception. of the same....unless your aim is to explore the possible conflict??????

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - the idea is to ask questions to you (EV owners) and tell me what your thoughts are about them. I've also conducting interviews with non-EV owners to see what they think about them as well.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Your proposition is vague and meaningless. Sorry to be harsh but it needs some work.

Are you actually going to investigate the sustainability of EVs or just the public's perception of EV sustainability?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Studies show that there is an increasing number of people who do not believe EVs are eco-friendlier than normal cars. As a result, this may affect the EV industry's sustainability (sustainability = durability = will it last?) because more and more people are boycotting them. Facts show the number of sales have increased but that doesn't mean the majority of people approve them. In reality, 80% of people (who do not own EVs) that I have interviewed don't believe EVs are the answer to a cleaner planet. And that's why there's a correlation between the people's perception & the industry.

If my topic/question didn't make any sense I don't think my university dissertation supervisor would have accepted it.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
If my topic/question didn't make any sense I don't think my university dissertation supervisor would have accepted it.

No, that is not necessarily true.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Studies show that there is an increasing number of people who do not believe EVs are eco-friendlier than normal cars. As a result, this may affect the EV industry's sustainability (sustainability = durability = will it last?) because more and more people are boycotting them. Facts show the number of sales have increased but that doesn't mean the majority of people approve them. In reality, 80% of people (who do not own EVs) that I have interviewed don't believe EVs are the answer to a cleaner planet. And that's why there's a correlation between the people's perception & the industry.

You are confusing sustainability (YOUR DEFINITION) with environmental impact. Whilst there is a small ovelap, they are not the same.

What is your faculty

Please quote your undergraduate subjects

Please quote you supervisors accreditations.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Freddy, I have a simple question: the tobacco industry is slowly dying, because the way people perceive cigarettes. The main reason is that they can harm your health.

Don't you believe that the people's perception of cigarettes is affecting the tobacco industry?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Actually, the degree of knowledge or ignorance of the public wrt to environment advantages of EVs will largely become irrelevant overtime because of financial including fiscal factors: see Norwegian example.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are confusing sustainability (YOUR DEFINITION) with environmental impact. Whilst there is a small ovelap, they are not the same.

What is your faculty

Please quote your undergraduate subjects

Please quote you supervisors accreditations.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Freddy, I have a simple question: the tobacco industry is slowly dying, because the way people perceive cigarettes. The main reason is that they can harm your health.

Don't you believe that the people's perception of cigarettes is affecting the tobacco industry?
Smoking cigarettes in the UK, with Scotland leading the way, has been consigned to the socially unacceptable because of leadership shown by government. Eg bans on smoking in public, bans on sales displays, high taxation.

NOTHING TO DO WITH PUBLIC PERCEPTION. please understand cause and effect

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Smoking cigarettes in the UK, with Scotland leading the way, has been consigned to the socially unacceptable because of leadership shown by government. Eg bans on smoking in public, bans on sales displays, high taxation.

NOTHING TO DO WITH PUBLIC PERCEPTION. please understand cause and effect

I quote: the public perception of the tobacco industry, for example, is generally negative.

Mate instead of buying an EV you should've bought a brain.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
So you post up a badly thought through dissertation proposition, take some constructive advice badly, offer up incorrect analogues and then proceed from throwing your toys out of the pram to pure insults. Shame.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts