Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are you available on Monday to help create a short film in Cambridge about EV's and infrastructure in the East region (which includes Bed's, Hert's, Northants, Milton Keynes and Camb's) ? If so please PM me here and i'll pass on my contact details. Timings for the shoot are TBC but will take about 40 minutes to an hour at the most somewhere between 1200 and 1500.

Ideally looking for a recent adopter (in the last 3 - 4 months), who is either a resident or working in and around Cambridge who doesn't mind being filmed driving the car and plugging in at the new Cambridge A14 Extra Services, and giving their opinions on charging infrastructure.

If you have a burning question on public charging which you'd like me to put to o.l.e.v and the top brass (names not needed) Cost, locations, availability, ev parking rules etc, then that would also be great.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you have a burning question on public charging which you'd like me to put to o.l.e.v and the top brass (names not needed) Cost, locations, availability, ev parking rules etc, then that would also be great.

Many thanks in advance.
Thanks for asking, I would like to know what OLEV are actually currently doing to follow their remit on the following;

1. Help encourage a single access point, reliable and affordable national public chargepoint infrastructure. There is absolutely no improvement whatsoever in over a year where I live. I can't even justify buying a type 2 charging lead for a pure BEV!

2. Incentivise a reliable and affordable national work place charging scheme.
Funny that cold lead cold calling was incentivised to hand over £1300 of grant money to people with no Electric Vehicles, if they can incentivise that how come they can't incentivise hot lead work place charging installations?

3. Encourage charging installations at places where thousands arrive by car after a long motorway journey and always spend at least 3-4 hours parked up whilst busy when the car could fully recharge. The NEC is a perfect example. There is currently not a single charge point there!

If they can't answer this, or are too busy looking after the liquid fuel delivery lobby on hydrogen infrastructure then my fourth question would be;

4. When is the country going to see a new ONEV sort EV public charging and pricing out? Office of NO Emission Vehicles (Z.E) as it is clearly needed and long overdue.:)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi everyone thanks for the great response so far, and for the questions - please PM them to me rather than posting them openly here. Many thanks.

Fenlander - the last quarter has seen a dramatic surge in adoption so would be nice to be able to say ... joe bloggs is someone who bought into the electric dream in the last few months... etc etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts