Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the development of energy technology, new energy vehicles have become more common in our life. But many people cannot accept it because people don't understand its benefits. Do you think we need EV education to let more people know about electric cars and use them?

·
Registered
ZE40 R110 EVEZY referral 8bbd0
64 Posts
More driver instructors using EVs (instead of automatics) would probably help (apart from more infrastructure, wider range of cars, budgets etc etc).

Maybe one day people will have to answer questions like "until what battery% can you leave your car charging in an ultra-fast station? to get their licenses
  • a) 60-80%
  • b) 99%
  • c) 100%
  • d) As long as desired after 100%

·
Registered
170 Posts
More driver instructors using EVs (instead of automatics) would probably help (apart from more infrastructure, wider range of cars, budgets etc etc).

Maybe one day people will have to answer questions like "until what battery% can you leave your car charging in an ultra-fast station? to get their licenses
  • a) 60-80%
  • b) 99%
  • c) 100%
That's an interesting idea which prompted me to think how many automatic only licences are issued. Quick Google in 2018 was 829,000 automatic vs 39.6 million manuals. Some way to go there.

·
Registered
487 Posts
When I am going to buy anything, whether its a piece of HIFI or a new TV, I always do extensive research to make sure I don't make an expensive mistake. I remember before the internet, I would spend 20 minutes or so, browsing the magazine rack in WH Smiths, checking out the comparison tables at the back of What Car Magazine (do people still do that ?)

Before I purchased my first EV, I did the same research and to even a greater extent as it was a massive financial outlay. and it was both easier and interesting because of sites like this (Speak EV) and YouTube which provides all the EV education anybody could possible require. Its only thanks to the early adaptors who shared what they had learnt and their experiences that I have a basic knowledge to hopefully pass on to others.

I think anybody buying their first EV would do the necessary research, watch the vast archive of videos on YouTube and ask basic questions on this site and its our job to provide the necessary education to promote the future uptake of EV's.

I think we all do that pretty well, we never tell anybody new to clear off and stop asking stupid questions, do we?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts

• a) 60-80%
  • b) 99%
  • c) 100%
First you'll have to define what you mean by "ultra-fast". It's certainly not standard terminology. And whatever it means, I wouldn't have a clue what the correct answer is.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110 EVEZY referral 8bbd0
64 Posts
First you'll have to define what you mean by "ultra-fast". It's certainly not standard terminology. And whatever it means, I wouldn't have a clue what the correct answer is.
It was just a silly example of what an EV-based car pool could look like. An utopic future where legislation regulates what's called what (fast-rapid-ultrarapid-whaever comes next) and where there is a regulated charging network where everybody shares and doesn't leave the car blocking someone else's needs.

(I didn't mean that any of those exist, but that in some parallel world, they might do.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts